As an accredited 501(c)(3) non-governmental organization, our mission is to facilitate enduring, sustainable programs that promote community development. Our objective is to stimulate long-term progress through school sponsorships, microloans, vocational training and health initiatives while providing emergency services to those in critical need. We aim to empower and collaborate with each community we work with to create lasting positive growth.
We’re looking for:
Data AnalysisMonitoring & EvaluationNonprofit OperationsTeachingVideography
We are incredibly proud of the accomplishments of Mayan Families
- Great Non Profits Top listed charity 2010 - 2014
- This award reflects hundreds of independent positive reviews that have been posted by volunteers and donors who have walked through our doors. We have been awarded this status four years in a row.
- Rotary International Service above Self Award 2012
- Rotary’s highest honor, awarded to international organizations that have demonstrated exemplary humanitarian service.
- Paul Harris Fellowship by Rotary International 2010
Education Program Achievements
- Seven Preschool Nutrition Centers up and running entirely through Mayan Families
- A Junior High-school was recently opened in Tierra Linda
- Over 2,500 students are in our School Sponsorship Program
Income Generating Program Achievements
- Over 300 micro-loans handed out to members of the local community to establish successful small businesses
- Over 500 students have graduated via our trade school which includes classes in sewing, carpentry, computer studies and now manicure and pedicure classes.
Construction Program Achievement
- Over a dozen classrooms and numerous schools have been built or refurbished throughout impoverished villages around the lake district
- Three Rural Community Centers built to house such programs as our trade school, medical clinic, early learning center, feeding program, adult education, and library and internet access.
Family Aid Achievements
- Over 8,000 adults and children to live in safe smokeless houses due to the installation of stoves throughout the region.
- Thousands of water filters have been distributed throughout the Highlands of Guatemala, including the Pacific Coastal areas to provide tens of thousands of children, families, schools, medical centers, hospitals and more with clean drinking water.