PLATFORM for the NEEDY (PLANE)
PLATFORM for the NEEDY (PLANE) is a Non-Governmental Organization, NOT for profit operating in the Rwenzori region In Uganda , advocating and protecting children, youth and women’s rights through provision of prevention and multi-disciplinary intervention in investigation and information dissemination through radio drama and outreaches so as to have a health -violence free society.
PLANE aims at undertaking collective action for promoting general Health and Reproductive Health Awareness Campaigns on Family Planning, HIV/AIDS, malaria, Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV), Sexual Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR), charity campaigns, Youth and Teenage Mothers Empowerment, Livelihoods, education for needy children, livelihoods, water, sanitation and hygiene , Adolescence and sexual reproductive health rights, human rights and domestic violence mitigation and access for social and health services among others.
In 2018 PLATFORM for the NEEDY scooped an award from Kabarole District local for the outstanding role in creating awareness in the fight against malaria and domestic violence through radio drama and outreach live performance.
Our Mission: To promote empowerment programs for better Health, Education and Livelihoods for the disadvantaged populations.
The major focus areas have been:
1. Social Security (Child Rights Protection and Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV Prevention).
2. Education (Early Childhood Learning, Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Education) for vulnerable children.
3. Health (HIV/ AIDS and Adolescence /Sexual Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR).
4. Economic Empowerment for Young Mothers (Vocational training, Village Savings & Loan Associations (VSLA and Financial Literacy).
5. Peace Building and Conflict Resolution
6. Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
What makes PLANE unique, interesting, exciting and innovative we apply the approach of radio drama and community/outreach live performance. Drama in local languages apart from entertaining, it pulls masses, educates and permits interaction with the audience hence getting instant feedback. Unlike other NGOs, this approach has made us be felt in community because it focuses on issues facing them.