International Community Center Manager
Support Education in Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
We are an NGO, providing education and social services without prejudice, beyond borders, to under-served communities. We carry out activities on our own and work with partners for strategic outreach.
We are seeking an International Community Center Manager to teach English and coordinate community engagement efforts.
- Planning and preparing classes;
- Teaching according to the educational needs of pupils;
- Teach according to with our language system.
- Attain and maintain student participation at your community center
Community Engagement (25%)
- Daily management of a community center;
- Collaborate and work with local community leaders for any administrative matters;
- Establish and maintain good relationships with local community;
- Create and implement community activities such as sports, community clean up, etc.
Other activities (15%)
- Handle and oversee the administrative details of community center management;
- Give students advice on future careers (including information about sources for expert advice);
- Participate in formal and non-formal functions for our Malaysia office;
- Prepare the administrative and reporting tasks necessary;
- Any other necessary tasks as requested by his/her supervisor.
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LANGUAGES:
We Provide These Local Benefits
Basic accommodation for the training will be provided at the place of training (1st Month). Upon successful completion of training, accommodation will be provided at the center assigned. Description of the accommodation varies depending on the location and center assigned to.
To be discussed during the interview.
Meals will be provided during the training period (1st Month).
- Leadership skills
- Working with a diverse international team.
- Develop both professionally and personally in a fun and creative environment
- Become a stronger team leader and manager
- Get training in techniques and methods for teaching, classroom management and community engagement
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
do you need a degree in teaching?
Hi Katelyn, no you do not need a degree in teaching. You will be trained for a period of 1 month by the education team here based on our modules. However, it is a requirement that you have a high english proficiency level to be selected. Hope this helps!
Hi, would you mind specifying how many classes the volunteer is expected to teach?
Hi Rebecca, it is 4 to 6 hours a day, 40 to 48 hours per week. We do not have a fixed schedule in terms of the timing so it is not a 9-5 job and some classes may be conducted in the night depending on the community's availability.
Ask a question
Industry: Education, Non-Profit
Size: Startup: founder(s) only
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.