Social Impact Project for Online Communications Coordinator
Project Description and Impact
Reality Gives works towards a world where underprivileged communities have equal access to opportunities and resources by providing young people in Dharavi with high quality education and experiences to help them maximize their potential. We are holding classes in English, Computer and Life Skills as well as activities (arts, sports, workshops) for young people and children in our Community Centre. We also invest in teacher training at the Royal City School, a semi-government school where we run classes from kindergarten to 2nd standard.
In the past months, we reviewed our line of action. Consequently, we are looking for an energetic and committed volunteer who is self-motivated and passionate about social change and would be able to convey our vision and help our organization expand its reach through online media.
By participating in the MovingWorlds Institute, you will first learn social impact frameworks and human-centered design before putting your existing skills and new knowledge to action.In addition, this organization will expose you to new things, like:
- Insight to an innovative social business model (Reality Gives is the sister organization of Reality Tours and Travel, an award winning, ethical, tour operator)
- Full immersion with Indian culture and language
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Indian urban slums
- Broad understanding of NGOs system in India
- Discover Mumbai, Delhi and rural Maharashtra through Reality Tours & Travel different tours, provided free of charge
- Support in travel planning throughout India
- Be part of a multicultural team
- Connect with an incredible network of individuals and organisations across Mumbai, India and beyond.
About the Hosting Organization
Reality Gives is a Non-profit working on Education, Non-Profit.