Social Impact Project for Mentoring Program for Central American Youth
Project Description and Impact
We are a nonprofit Guatemalan Association led by a dedicated, diverse team that brings together local and international experience to facilitate sustainable development, personal empowerment, education, leadership and appropriate technology. Our focus is on engaging and empowering youth to become change-makers and local leaders. We give special attention to youth in frontline communities within Guatemala and El Salvador where intensifying climatic changes, increasing violence, growing income disparities and limited economic opportunities are making growing numbers of youth vulnerable to the influence of gangs, crime, migration and other impacts of social disintegration.
We want to cultivate and support a community of young changemakers. We facilitate workshops to train our youth to develop leadership skills, build their citizenship muscles, and to become part of a rapidly-growing inclusive network of social entrepreneurs.
We are seeking support to develop a 1-year strategic initiative to help us pivot our first cohort of local youth mentors, a program that would be included in our Youth Journey experience.
The purpose behind this next programmatic stage is to keep expanding the experience of the youth and to keep them engaged within themselves as a youth network.
The impact that this project would achieve are:
* By developing this mentoring program there will be more local leaders with the skills not only to lead others, but also to support and give personalized mentoring to young people from the same context, achieving an exponential impact.
* Increase connection with the organization and other young people at different stages of the journey.
* Greater involvement with the network (staff, their peers, community members, professionals)
* Improves retention of new youth and empowers current youth leaders to be role models
* Improves efficacy and success of participant's action plans in their community.
By participating in the MovingWorlds Institute, you will first learn social impact frameworks and human-centered design before putting your existing skills and new knowledge to action.In addition, this organization will expose you to new things, like:
Experteer will be working in a non-traditional and progressive work environment. Will have the opportunity to learn about our Teal Approach.
This project accepts virtual experteers.
About the Hosting Organization
Asociacion SERES is a Non-profit working on Non-Profit.