Project Assistant in charge of the Vocational Skills Mapping and Development
Support Economic Empowerment in Nairobi, Kenya
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
Your principal mission as the Project Assistant in charge of the Vocational Skills Mapping and Development is to map skills of Dandora residents and to establish partnerships providing vocational training suiting their skills. The main target of vocational training program is to provide the youth residing in Dandora with new skills enabling them to access new employment opportunities.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To undertake a Skills Mapping: to identify existing employment opportunities for Dandora residents, you will carry out a quantitative survey mapping educational and professional skills of Dandora population in all phases of Dandora. A clear dataset in excel format with the result of the survey will be established
- To search for and to establish partnerships with organizations which would provide and/or fund vocational trainings to the community
- To assist to and closely monitor training sessions and to evaluate its results
- To assist the Dandora population in accessing new employment opportunities after the training
- Must be computer literate
- Should have experience in carrying out quantitative surveys
- Should have experience in analyzing data in Excel; knowledge of a statistical software such as STATA and of a GIS software is an advantage
- Experience with vocational trainings is an advantage
- Should be fluent in English, Kiswahili is an advantage but not a must
Expected outcomes of the Experteer's work are:
- dataset about educational and professional skills of residents in all Dandora
- established partnership ensuring the provision of vocational trainings
Great for people with training and coaching skills! Interested but not the right length? Like this organization and have an idea how your skills can help? Message us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Analysis
- Nonprofit Operations
- Program Management
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LANGUAGES:
We Provide These Local Benefits
You can learn more about community development and urban regeneration.
A friendly working environment with colleagues always available to help with your integration in a new country!
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Industry: Architecture & Planning, Manufacturing, Non-Profit, Plastics, Professional Training & Coaching
Mission: Economic Empowerment
Size: Small organization: 5 - 25 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.