Marketing Guru to Support Higher Education in Africa
< 10 hours a week
Consultant (Typically 1 - 12 weeks)
You must be able to speak English, French.
When Can You Start?
You can start ASAP
Description and Impact
More than half of Nigeriens don’t complete primary school, and fewer than one in ten attend secondary school. As a result, only 19.9% of the population is literate. The overwhelming majority – 80% of Nigeriens – live in poverty, but at current growth rates the population is set to double in 17 years. We are a non-profit University in Niger that aspires to prepare the most talented young people in francophone Africa to lead the development of their nations as entrepreneurs and ethical leaders. We import global best practices in higher education to Niger, using technology to foster global citizenship and develop 21st-century skills.
We are trying to elevate our brand globally to be able to attract the most talented young and mission-driven people to come and work with us, to attract the world's most innovative partners in providing quality education and to spread the word about the impact that our organization is creating in Niger.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the future of higher education in Africa, motivated to engage and inspire young leaders and has a desire to build something lasting from scratch.
By dedicating your time to help us with this project, you will be directly supporting us to scale up our activities in Sahel region and to attract the most brilliant students from across Sahel region to increase diversity on campus, which also facilitate the learning and brings about exposure to each member of our community.
We are seeking an Experteer to help us to develop a Brand guideline handbook and to work closely with our marketing team for a period of one month or more, training by showing them, so they can be able to take over when the experteer is gone. To help train the marketing team, we'd like support from the experteer in:
- Developing and maintaining social media strategies and content calendar for our blog and social media channels
- Monitoring analytics to report back on performance across channels on a weekly basis
- Staying informed of all social media & digital marketing developments, particularly within the mobile, video.
- Write compelling copy for the website, landing pages, emails, ads, brochures, etc. that’s always clear, consistent and human
- Work with the videographers to create video/interactive/ animated content for social and other digital platforms
- Create engaging, interactive, real-time and evergreen content using video, graphics, quizzes, webinars, interviews, etc
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Living Stipend
- Meal Stipend
- Good For Groups
To be determined with the selected candidate
We have a chef that cooks for international employees
You are also free to adapt your diet by requesting for a meal allowance (pre-fixed)
Hands-on learning and exposure to the social impact sector in Africa
This project accepts applications for virtual experteers.