PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
We are an award-winning humanitarian organization, committed to serve, educate and empower poor and underserved communities.
Through various education and social empowerment programs, we work unconditionally towards transforming underserved communities to develop their true potential and break the cycle of poverty.
We are looking for a professional to become responsible for our community center.
Great for people with education skills! Interested but not the right length? Like this organization and have an idea how your skills can help? Message us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning and preparing classes;
- Teaching according to the educational needs of pupils;
- Teach according with SOLS 24/7 language system;
- Attain and maintain student participation at your community centre.
Community Engagement (25%)
- Daily management of a community centre;
- Collaborate and work with local community leaders for any administrative matters;
- Establish and maintain good relationships with local community;
- Create and implement community activities such as sports, community clean up, etc.
Other activities (15%)
- Handle and oversee the administrative details of community centre management;
- Give students advice on future careers (including information about sources for expert advice);
- Participate in formal and non-formal functions for SOLS 24/7 Malaysia;
- Prepare the administrative and reporting tasks such as a weekly and a monthly report;
- Any other necessary tasks as requested by his/her supervisor.
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Develop both professionally and personally in a fun and creative environment
- Become a stronger team leader and manager
- Get training in techniques and methods for teaching, classroom management and community engagement
- Gain insights into the needs and requirements of an Administrative Department within one of Malaysia’s most successful Social Enterprises;
- Be involved with various tasks that will enhance your experience in marketing, social media, copy writing and networking;
- Experience international working environment;
- Develop excellent problem-solving skills;
- Have the freedom to express yourself and take on leadership roles
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Mission: Social Services
Size: Large organization: 100+ persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.