Website Administration Experteer
Support Social Services in Kisumu, Kenya
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
We are a growing organization and we work for the community development, promotion of better opportunities, improving standards of living and provide assistance to the social sector. That is supporting our girl child education scholarship program, women socioeconomic program, youth empowerment program, people living with disabilities orphans and vulnerable children. We are seeking a motivated individual with work experience and deep understanding on how information systems are used as applying technical knowledge related to Website and community software.
The Experteer will assist in the development and supervision of website and to act as an overall website communication advisor.
- Ability to build modern website applications that are as beautiful as they are functional.
- Assist in designing and printing of website Develop website with links to others
- Assist in ensuring that all information on the website is accurate and up-to-date
- To ensure articles, language and photographs reflect a fair and positive representation of all the organization's projects and the community
- Ensure that the website advertises events and activities of the organization
- Train the organization officials how to content manage the website
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Software Development
- Web Development
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LANGUAGES:
We Provide These Local Benefits
We have huts which can accommodate up to 20 people, there is power, flowing water, beddings and clean sanitation.
We are a growing organization and works for the community development, promotion of better opportunities, improving standards of living and provides assistance to the social sector.
- Volunteers will help the community to provide customized solutions keeping in view of the community needs and to develop mutually beneficial relationships to foster Education, Culture, Tourism and international exchange of ideas.
- Volunteers will also gain experience in variety of fields including; social work, children and youth development, HIV/AIDS awareness and sports development
- This will be an opportunity to have a taste of real Luo/African delicacies.
- Staying within our community, will give volunteers an ample opportunity to learn and experience way of life and cultural practices.
- Since our organization is just a few Kilometers away from USA President Barack Obama ancestral home, we will arrange for a free visit and have a walk in Obama's village.This would be a great opportunity of its kind.
- We can offer local tourist guide and free leisure activities and traditional stories, cultures and entertainment.
- Visit Museums, Parks, Historic places such as Kit Mikayi, and boat rides.
- Kisumu is a Lakeside City with a lot of leisure activities.
Note: Depending on the Experteers interests and specific project details we may ask that the Experteer cover some of their own in-country transportation costs
This opportunity accepts applications for virtual experteers.
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Hello, I am a student from KCA university Kisumu taking Diploma in IT.I have created websites and I have the experience to the task.Do I qualify even if I from Kenya?
You are qualified Charlton, the skills has NO boundary. Thanks for showing interest to Experteer with us.
Ask a question
Mission: Social Services
Size: Startup: 2 - 5 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.