Grant writer to support USAID DIV project
Project Execution (Typically 1 - 6 months)
You must be able to speak English.
When Can You Start?
You can start ASAP
Description and Impact
We are a hard-tech as a service company (HAAS) based in Rwanda and Uganda. We developed a business in a box solar kiosk, app and software platform that empowers mostly women and people with disabilities using a micro franchise business model. We offer key services on the kiosk such as internet WIFI, intranet solutions for offline users, and phone charging services. With our app, we offer additional services such as airtime, mobile money, prepaid electricity, and tax payment services to create a one-stop-shop center for our customers. On our intranet network, we offer branding capabilities for companies, data collection, and user analytics.
We are looking for a grant writer who has experience with USAID preferably to help us apply for USAID DIV but also develops a strong proposal to apply for potential procurement opportunities with USAID in the digital and last-mile connectivity space.
This strategy will help us strengthen the sale of our products and expand faster in Africa and beyond. It will also help us validate our solution across the continent. USAID Div funding will help us get funding to scale in two more countries Nigeria and Senegal.
The goals of the project:
1. Support team in completing the USAID DIV application to try to obtain funding
2. Support team in researching and applying for additional procurement opportunities, launched by development organizations across Africa, focusing on digital solutions and last-mile connectivity
3. Upskill and train team on strategy creation, for building relationships with key NGO's with a digital focus or last connectivity such as GIZ, USAID
Our ideal candidate has the following qualities/areas of expertise:
● Strong networking ability in the USAID space and other NGO organizations.
● Experience in procurements applications and grant applications
● Experience in preparing grant applications.
● Experience with building connections with key Development agencies.
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
Hands-on experience with a social enterprise scaling innovative solutions in Africa, learn about the different ecosystem, challenges that are different then any other continent.
This is a virtual project
This project accepts applications for virtual experteers.