Innovative Brand Expert for Programs for Global Citizens!
Support Poverty Alleviation in Urubamba, Peru
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
We are a Peruvian non-profit organization that works to promote Responsible Human Development in the isolated, poor but beautiful communities in the High Andes of Peru. The project began in 2013 with the aim of improving the nutrition of the schoolchildren from the multigrade primary school of the community: the Lunch Program in Cuncani. After 3 years in working with the program, in collaboration with the parents of the children and 64 sponsors for each one of the children, we have been able to reduce the level of anemia in the children. In addition to the lunch program, we will be working on building and maintaining family greenhouses.
Today, our main challenges as an organization relate to funding. Traditionally, we gain most of our funding from internships, and 'volunteer' programs marketed to university partners, or directly to university students. We have a very good reputation amongst our partners, and a strong network of alumni around the world, who continue to support our work. We need to improve our brand as an organization that offers, programs that aim not just to support communities with greatest needs, but to help participants to learn and understand many aspects of development, social justice, privileges and more.
What needs to be different? We need to rebrand our program and terminology (ie. we don't want to call participants volunteers or learners). We believe the potential of this type of programs is huge, not just to get funding but to promote a more just society. Due to the myriad 'volunteer opportunities', lack of responsible and fair relationships among the stakeholders, and small knowledge of what happen in the field work, the reputation of young international 'volunteer's is not the best these days. We want to CHANGE THIS. We are convinced that our programs are responsible towards the communities, a source of learning and knowledge for all participants, FUN and so much more.
We are looking for an experteer who would be willing to work with us to develop our brand, market our program and help us on improving our approach strategy to future and current partners.
- Quantitative: by increasing the number of participants and partnerships for our programs;
- Qualitative: by developing a measure that can allow us to know what was the impact in the community and on the participant's lives. There are different surveys that are applied before the program, during the program and after it. We was this to focus not just on how the program was provided but on how the program impacted, for instance: in their perception about poverty, perceptions of other's culture, perception about our own privileges, and others.
We want our success to be measured, not just by the outcomes of our projects to alleviate poverty but our contribution educating global citizens and possible change-makers. So far, we have received participants that were part of our program and studying in world-prestigious universities such as Oxford University, McGill University and others.
Great for people with marketing skills! Interested but not the right length? Like our organization and have an idea how your skills can help us? Message us at: email@example.com
- Brand Strategy
- Business Strategy
- Strategic Marketing
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LANGUAGES:
We Provide These Local Benefits
If there is a room available, two exporters can share a room (with private bathroom) in our house-office in Urubamba. It have a full house, we can provide a hostel accommodation that would be one block away from our house-office in Urubamba.
We provide breakfasts and daily fruits.
- Positive and sustainable impact need to have strong ties among stakeholders and how it is important to work towards a fair relationships among them.
- Learn about the impact of International Volunteer Programs , not just within the communities but towards values of young people around the world.
- That people in communities do not have the same privileges as others, but have the potential to accomplish different goals. But in order to achieve that, we need to start seeing them as equal
- The NGO world have potential to generate positive impact on the world, but requires, more knowledge about it, more tools to develop their impact and also, to be accountable.
Our team, will be happy to provide:
- Visit to Cusco city;
- One day rural tourism tour with our partners in Media Luna.
This opportunity accepts applications for virtual experteers.
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Industry: Civic & Social Organization, Education, Food Production, Non-Profit, Philanthropy
Mission: Poverty Alleviation
Size: Small organization: 5 - 25 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.