Fundraiser for Clean Water Access Project
Team Member (Typically 6+ months)
You must be able to speak English.
Additionally, speaking Luganda would be helpful.
When Can You Start?
You can start ASAP
Description and Impact
We are a community-based organization that was founded to alleviate poverty among rural people and to address environmental challenges in different communities; reduce food insecurity and improve on livelihoods of rural people especially smallholder farmer families through micro-enterprise while conserving the Environment as well.
This project seeks to improve access to water and sanitation in water-poor communities in Lwengo district where many school going children still get preventable water-related illnesses and girls miss attending school for many days between 3-5 days because they cant get clean and safe water for drinking or washing safely during their menstrual periods. This is so because the water can only be got from distant places usually in valleys and this water is not as safe as expected. In some schools girls still use the same space as boys usually without doors and this leaves the girls with no privacy and results into just skipping school until when their periods are done.
This project seeks to reach 5 community schools where 2100 pupils will be reached and served with the improved hand washing facilities, 10 changing rooms for girls during their menstrual period constructed and a permanent water source established for each school. The water sources will also serve other community members (8300 people) who are also vulnerable to water-related illnesses. In total the project is expected to serve about 10400 people.
When this project is successfully done,
- 1300 school girls will have decent changing rooms and will not have to miss school because of their menstrual periods.
- 2100 pupils (boys and girls) will be educated about best hygiene practices and an inclusive menstrual hygiene management practices.
- 10400 people including school going children and community members will have access to safe drinking water and will be aware
We're seeking an Experteer with a background in fundraising to create a:
- Functional crowdfunding campaign established to raise funds for the project
- Water campaign fully branded to be independent for future projects.
- Functional website for this water cause created and marketed.
- At least one school water project initiated and implementation started.
We are looking for an experienced crowdfunding individual with skills in organising and raising financial resources from a network of people, institutions or businesses worldwide.
One who can play supportive and team building role towards our water cause with our site team in Uganda.
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
- Meal Stipend
- Good For Groups
- Good For Families
You will be staying with one of our host families in the community where you will be working. Our host families are wisely selected and they also speak English. You will have a single room with a window view, bed and beddings, a mosquito net and a power source. You will however share the dinning, bathroom and toilet with the host family.
- Experteers will develop more skills in supporting development projects abroad.
- Experteers will have the opportunity to learn Luganda a local language in this area
- Experteers will also get to learn more about the history and cultures of the Baganda people.
You will be provided with three local Uganda meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner). Fruits and bottled water are also included. We are also able to cater to special dietary restrictions or allergies. Vegeterians and Vegans are also catered for in a special way.
- We will also take you on a one to two days Safari trip to Lake Mburo National Park where you will see wildlife in a free environment.
- We will provide you enough time for free time activities every evening and all weekends.
This project accepts applications for virtual experteers.