Social Enterprise Coordinator
You must be able to speak English, Spanish.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 2¾ months to 12 months
Description and Impact
In order to reduce dependency and move towards sustainability, our organization supports activities which generate income for our partners, reduce their dependency on external funding and, in some cases, provide training and job placement opportunities for at-risk young people. The Social Enterprise/ income generation programme is built around a participatory approach. The main strategy is to provide technical support directly or indirectly through our volunteers, the PM and/or training institutions. We also raise funds to cover the start-up costs of social enterprise projects/ income generating activities. The aim of the programme, however, is to design a self-sustainable business model, so that the business will one day no longer require financial assistance from our organization or other sources.
The main objective of the programme in the short term is to make sure the enterprise generates enough income to cover a considerable part of the children's homes running costs. The ultimate aim of the programme, however, is to design a self-sustainable business model, so that the business no longer requires financial assistance from us or other sources.
In addition to economic results, the programme will also be successful if it can provide young beneficiaries with vocational training and job opportunities.
Additional Useful Skills
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
- Volunteers gain experience in social enterprise management and income generation activities in Peru.
- They have the opportunity to improve their language skills by working and living in a Spanish-speaking country
- They get to understand how a small charity operates in Peru
- Pick-up service from the airport
- City tour
- 24h assistance
- Friendly working environment and the opportunity to join other volunteers in social activities (nights out, hikes and so on)