Social Impact Project for Social Media and Communications Assistant!
Project Description and Impact
We are an educational institute whose projects provide electricity to developing communities using wind energy, providing clean and reliable electricity to locations where traditional electricity is not available. Students and professionals come from all over the world to work together designing, building, and installing these wind generators
We are looking for a highly motivated Experteer to come to Peru who will lead our social media outreach as part of our Communications team. Core activity will be creating and delivering frequent content on multiple social media platforms to publicly showcase our activities, tell our supporters what we are doing, and reach out to new supporters. The Social Media and Communications Assistant will work closely with the Fundraising and Communications department (including marketing) and videographer colleagues. Other activities will including helping design and deliver key marketing materials such as flyers and emails.
- Basics of small scale wind energy, and how they can help communities to live sustainably.
- Experience in an NGO.
- Opportunities to try out data analysis methodologies.
- Immersion in a Spanish-speaking culture.
- Using problem solving skills to get our story out in engaging ways using the most appropriate channels.
- Crafting ideas into innovative and successful communications, especially to reach our core audience of young, tech savvy people who want to know about what they can do to contribute to a sustainable future.
- You will be given space to work independently, with an enthusiastic team around to support and share with.
We have a large volunteer house in Trujillo, in a safe and quiet suburb with all necessary amenities nearby.
Peru has fantastic food! Meals are provided Monday to Friday, and the kitchen is available for use during the weekends.
Vegetarians and other dietary requirements can be catered to.
- Access to Spanish lessons.
- Opportunity to participate in building and installing wind turbines and visiting communities to help at installations and maintenance trips.
- Flexibility to take time off to travel in Peru.
About the Hosting Organization
WindAid Institute is a Non-profit working on Civic & Social Organization, Education, Renewables & Environment.