Social Impact Project for Crowdfunding Experteer to Support Women and Girls Empowerment
Project Description and Impact
At HYCF, we aim to help the underserved communities of Malawi by providing the necessary resources to establish an environment that fosters community development.
- We believe that children are relying on us and they are the future generation of Karonga, Malawi so we want to make sure kids have improved their education for the future.
- We aim to provide a healthy environment for the youth of Malawi to prevent unnecessary exposure to HIV/AIDS and lead them to a brighter future through education.
- We believe that trees are the lungs of our planet so we want to make sure that we plant more trees in Karonga, Malawi.
- We aim to provide capacity building to the youth of Malawai on how to protect themselves against drug and substance abuse, and provide counseling.
Our wonderful task forces are the driving force of our efforts, as an experteer, you will be assisting a small grassroots organization that receives limited international funding. Working with HYCF can be a great way to build up your resume through learning new skills while experiencing Malawian culture. We value your time and the help you provide that will make a difference in the Malawian communities.
By participating in the MovingWorlds Institute, you will first learn social impact frameworks and human-centered design before putting your existing skills and new knowledge to action.
Volunteers will stay with a host family which is a great opportunity to experience the unique culture of Malawi. When staying with a host, we will ensure you are safe and well looked after. Your food will be prepared by the family and you will receive three meals a day.
We have a house of 5 rooms, Its a fenced house.
Security is good, nice vegetation, easy access to town. We stay near the Lake Malawi. Good comfortable rooms, we provide good meals.
They will be well treated with kindness, love and a lot of care. We speak English fluently so it will be easy to understand each other. They will be provided with good food because we have a Chef at my house.
- We provide private room
- We provide three meals a day
- We wash the clothes and clean the rooms
- We provide air conditioning in rooms
Three meals a day like fish, meat, rice, beans, vegetables, vegan, nsima; we can provide food of your interest
During your free time, whoever is interested will have a chance to take a walk with me so I can show you Karonga. We have the big Lake Malawi, and many other interesting places... We have the museum here which would be a great opportunity for you to get to know African culture more.
Also, if volunteers are interested we can go for a photo trip around and you will always find something new and different to explore.
Volunteers can fill their free time by watching TV ,reading a book, going for swimming , doing exercises at a local gym...
Some can help me with writing stuff if this is a field of their interest.
We will help you to grow in every way that works the best for you. The opportunities are eternal and it's all about sharing experiences, gaining new skills and contributing, from both sides!
This project accepts virtual experteers.
About the Hosting Organization
HYCF is a Non-profit working on Graphic Design, Music, Non-Profit, Photography, Program Development, Fundraising, Sports, Writing and Editing, Education.