Research & Development Engineer
This project was matched to another person! For similar projects, get introduced to this organization.
You must be able to speak English.
Additionally, speaking Swahiliwould be helpful.
When Can You Start?
You can startas soon as possible and stay for 4 weeks to 2¾ months
Description and Impact
As our company scales up we need to continuously assess and improve our design and reliability to better meet the customers needs. This project will be based mostly in the field to find areas of improvement and to understand the needs of the customers. You will make regular recommendations for improving our processes and technology which will be implemented in a continuous innovation cycle. The project may include a trip to China to meet with our manufacturers to discuss possible improvements.
- Assess needs of customers and what opportunities we are missing with our customer
- Analyse our repair logs and determine a cost-effective strategy for reducing repairs and customer complaints
- Test system improvements
- Implement system improvements by training staff and modifying operating procedures
- Check technical accuracy of staff work.
- Reduce repair requests
- Reduce system failures
- Train team in technical procedures
- Have an awesome experience and want to come back to Kenya many, many times!
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
We can provide a small stipend for accommodation in the town a few meters walk from the office and very close to our biogas clients.
Learn from a social enterprise working on the ground day to day with rural farmers. You will know the customer and you will build a product to suit their needs. And when we say know the customer, know that you will have many cups of tea provided by our warm and friendly farmers!
Kenya has the best weather and the best sights to see! Everything from white sand beaches with warm turquoise water to safaris with lions and elephants to mountain climbing and nightlife!
This may include trips to China to develop products with our suppliers!