Social Media Marketing
This project was matched to another person! For similar projects, get introduced to this organization.
You must be able to speak English.
Additionally, speaking French, Hindi would be helpful.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 5½ months to 11 months
Description and Impact
We are a social enterprise that innovated the concept of “AniBooks” or animated books to support emergent literacy and language skills. We overcome the distribution challenges of print by piping reading to children on digital and electronic media.
In our conception, a “book” is a reading experience that can travel in print and other audio-visual media.
Our mission is to produce animated stories that are powered by Same Language Subtitling (SLS) a scientifically tested and proven approach to help improve reading skills and language learning, ultimately promoting a love for reading. We create content for any audio-visual media platform such as broadcast TV, DVD/VCD, mobile phones, handhelds, internet, and last but not least, print.
AniBooks flow from a simple fact – children love to watch cartoons. Thus, AniBooks are animated stories for children, with the narration appearing on-screen as Same Language Subtitles (SLS). BookBox was founded in 2004 after winning a business plan competition at Stanford University, called, the Social e-Challenge. We have produced over 30 AniBooks in over 30 languages and aims to create sufficient content to, eventually, mount TV programs.
We're looking for a social media guru to continue our SM marketing and bring it to another level. Our videos are all on YouTube, with over 100,000 subscribers, but we want to grow, and we want to grow fast. Our focus is on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and our blog. However, we also have Pinterest, LinkedIn and an Instagram account that needs to be looked after.
About the Project:
The selected Experteer(s) will work on following:
- Be in charge of overseeing all social media channels including content creation, outreach, and analytics
- Take care of our 6-month old blog, giving teachers lesson plans incorporating our AniBooks. This means searching for writers, and if necessary, creating a lesson plan and performing it at a local school to write a post
- Work with the marketing staff to help with testing AniBooks and lesson plans, create and search for local events to showcase our content, and draft applications for grants and awards
- Promote our AniBooks, AML program, apps, our blog, subscription model, individual language YouTube channels, and importance of literacy & language learning
- Support and create content for monthly newsletter
Our Youtube viewership has been steadily increasing and it is increasing currently at a very organic linear pace. One of the focus for the intern would be to convert this organic linear growth into a viral growth. The steady increase in our cumulative views is an undeniable indicator that the potential for viral growth is there in our videos. We are looking for the perfect candidate that will help us tap into this dormant potential.
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
- Meal Stipend
We provide a house rent allowance of 3000 rs. for the right candidate.
The Intern will benefit by working in a organization that is bringing a change in the education scenario in India at a policy level.
The Experteer can avail of lunch that is cooked in our kitchen.