Online Communications Coordinator
This project has expired! For similar projects, get introduced to this organization.
You must be able to speak English.
Additionally, speaking Hindiwould be helpful.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 3 months to 6 months
Description and Impact
Reality Gives works towards a world where underprivileged communities have equal access to opportunities and resources by providing young people in Dharavi with high quality education and experiences to help them maximize their potential. We are holding classes in English, Computer and Life Skills as well as activities (arts, sports, workshops) for young people and children in our Community Centre. We also invest in teacher training at the Royal City School, a semi-government school where we run classes from kindergarten to 2nd standard.
In the past months, we reviewed our line of action. Consequently, we are looking for an energetic and committed volunteer who is self-motivated and passionate about social change and would be able to convey our vision and help our organization expand its reach through online media.
We are looking for a social media and website enthusiast to assist our Marketing & Fundraising Director in writing and publishing interesting and stimulating content for our different social media (Facebook page, Google +, Twitter, blog). You will also ideally be a dab hand at photography, videos and/or graphic design so our posts can be as interesting and engaging as possible.
Further tasks may include (but not be limited to) assistance in managing our newsletter content and email correspondence. You will also be in charge of reviewing our website in anticipation for proposed content and design changes.
- Higher engagement of our audience online (fans, donations, etc.)
- Redefinition of the content mix for each of our platform (social media strategy)
- Internal policy and training about social media use for staff
- New website outline
Additional Useful Skills
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
- Insight to an innovative social business model (Reality Gives is the sister organization of Reality Tours and Travel, an award winning, ethical, tour operator)
- Full immersion with Indian culture and language
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Indian urban slums
- Broad understanding of NGOs system in India
- Discover Mumbai, Delhi and rural Maharashtra through Reality Tours & Travel different tours, provided free of charge
- Support in travel planning throughout India
- Be part of a multicultural team
- Connect with an incredible network of individuals and organisations across Mumbai, India and beyond.