Online Communications Coordinator
Support Quality Education in Mumbai, MH, India
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
Reality Gives works towards a world where underprivileged communities have equal access to opportunities and resources by providing young people in Dharavi with high quality education and experiences to help them maximize their potential. We are holding classes in English, Computer and Life Skills as well as activities (arts, sports, workshops) for young people and children in our Community Centre. We also invest in teacher training at the Royal City School, a semi-government school where we run classes from kindergarten to 2nd standard.
In the past months, we reviewed our line of action. Consequently, we are looking for an energetic and committed volunteer who is self-motivated and passionate about social change and would be able to convey our vision and help our organization expand its reach through online media.
We are looking for a social media and website enthusiast to assist our Marketing & Fundraising Director in writing and publishing interesting and stimulating content for our different social media (Facebook page, Google +, Twitter, blog). You will also ideally be a dab hand at photography, videos and/or graphic design so our posts can be as interesting and engaging as possible.
Further tasks may include (but not be limited to) assistance in managing our newsletter content and email correspondence. You will also be in charge of reviewing our website in anticipation for proposed content and design changes.
- Higher engagement of our audience online (fans, donations, etc.)
- Redefinition of the content mix for each of our platform (social media strategy)
- Internal policy and training about social media use for staff
- New website outline
- Design (Web or Print)
- Online Marketing
- Social Media
ADDITIONAL USEFUL SKILLS:
- Cultural Awareness
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LANGUAGES:
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Insight to an innovative social business model (Reality Gives is the sister organization of Reality Tours and Travel, an award winning, ethical, tour operator)
- Full immersion with Indian culture and language
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Indian urban slums
- Broad understanding of NGOs system in India
- Discover Mumbai, Delhi and rural Maharashtra through Reality Tours & Travel different tours, provided free of charge
- Support in travel planning throughout India
- Be part of a multicultural team
- Connect with an incredible network of individuals and organisations across Mumbai, India and beyond.
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Industry: Education, Non-Profit
Mission: Quality Education
Size: Small organization: 5 - 25 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.