Social Impact Project for Grant Writing Experteer to Address Child Trafficking in Smallholder Fishing
How This Works
In the MovingWorlds Institute Global Fellowship, you will learn how to advance your for-good career while getting hands on experience on projects like this one.
Project Description and Impact
GLOWA seeks to improve education and knowledge of the coastal fishing communities about Trafficking in Persons (TIP) and improve prevention, identification of victims and their access to multidisciplinary assistance through the establishment of a functioning Human trafficking referral pathway.
Small holder fishing sector is one of the leading sectors where children are trafficked and abused either as child fishermen or those working in the oven where fish is smocked. GLOWA is seeking the help of experteers to respond to the trafficking and abuse of children in the artisanal fishing sector which is dominated by smallholder fishermen.
By participating in the MovingWorlds Institute, you will first learn social impact frameworks and human-centered design before putting your existing skills and new knowledge to action.In addition, this organization will expose you to new things, like:
- Experteer shall learn the connection between donor guideline and a fundable proposal writing for the benefit of grassroots social impact organization.
- Cultural interaction.
- Connect and witness the connection between empowered survivors of child trafficking and the fight against child trafficking in prone communities.
- The exterteer will have the opportunity to learn the local culture and connect with survivors of trafficking.
- The experteer shall have a first hand feeling of the challenges of counter trafficking in Cameroon.
- The experteers will work directly with a team at GLOWA.
- The team will provide required resources relating to the situation in Cameroon.
This project accepts virtual experteers.
About the Hosting Organization
Global Welfare Association (GLOWA) is a Non-profit working on Fashion, Legal Services, Non-Profit.