Social Impact Project for Fundraising/Business Strategy Expert to Support our Business Model
Project Description and Impact
We are a waste management company providing capacity building, awareness creation and data management services to the waste management ecosystem including waste aggregators, recyclers, corporate organization, institutions, and waste collectors.
We contribute to the advancement of sustainable development by:
- Driving the creation of green jobs and support entrepreneurship in waste management.
- Promoting a circular economy and minimizing waste by reusing, repairing, refurbishing, and recycling existing material waste.
- Aiding environmental protection and rehabilitation.
Our innovation project has three pillars of its growth and impact strategy:
- Capacity development for waste collectors– We have developed training curriculum and programs for waste-collecting communities about how to sort and sell their collected waste. We have also offered financial training in conjunction with SACCOs (Savings and Credit Cooperative Societies) to help them manage and save their earnings and receive loans.
- Technology platform– We are improving TTNM Digital App that has been piloted to allow households request waste collection based on waste collection schedules. The digital app notifies nearby waste collectors and allows them to accept the request. From households and is connects all members of the waste management ecosystem.
- Strategic partnerships & alliances – TTNM identifies and negotiates of partnerships with like-minded public and private organisations to ensure circular economy is fully implemented.
The success of this project would validate the importance of engaging local communities in sustainable waste management. We will disseminate learnings by expanding current relationships with more institutions and showcasing and partnering to assist them in implementing our solution. This allows us to have a wider social impact, thus providing us with more financial resources and creating a virtuous cycle of scalability.
By participating in the MovingWorlds Institute, you will first learn social impact frameworks and human-centered design before putting your existing skills and new knowledge to action.In addition, this organization will expose you to new things, like:
experience in implementing social entrepreneurship programs that have an impact to the society in less developed countries.
The accommodation is in a staycation owned by the founder of the organization. It is in a safe quite environment in a compound that is secure.
The staycation provides 3 meals a day and include local and international cuisine according to client order.
This project accepts virtual experteers.
About the Hosting Organization
Takataka Ni Mali is a Non-profit working on Environmental Services.