Project Management Experteer
Support Women Empowerment in Asembo, Kenya
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
Our organization works to empower communities across Western Kenya through a variety of strategies, the project manager will be in charge of all the organization programs during his or her Experteering period.
Great for people with project management skills! Interested but not the right length? Like this organization and have an idea how your skills can help? Message us at: email@example.com
This opportunity is open to anyone who is well composed, knowledgeable and is ready to run our programs with a positive outcome at the end. Currently we are running the following programs, Sustainable Organic Agriculture, Teaching and Education Program, Health Program, Women Empowerment Program and Children Program.Therefore, you'll be in-charge of running this programs and work closely with the ED and board of directors in advising them on best measures to be taken to help in the progression of the organization. Ability to initiate sustainable development projects within the community that can support the organization to support itself for self reliability. Develop connections and partnerships with other organizations and individuals
- Event Planning
- Nonprofit Operations
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LANGUAGES:
We Provide These Local Benefits
We have a guest hut and a family house which is safe with lockable doors
- We are a growing organization and works for the community development, promotion of better opportunities, improving standards of living and provides assistance to the social sector.
- Volunteers will help the community to provide customized solutions keeping in view of the community needs and to develop mutually beneficial relationships to foster Education, Culture, Tourism and international exchange of ideas.
- Volunteers will also gain experience in variety of fields including; social work, children and youth development, HIV/AIDS awareness and sports development
- This will be an opportunity to have a taste of real Luo/African delicacies. Staying within our community will give volunteers ample opportunity to learn and experience our way of life and cultural practices.
- Since our organization is just a few Kilometers away from former USA President Barack Obama ancestral home, we will arrange for a free visit and have a walk in Obama's village.This would be a great opportunity of its kind.
- We can offer local tourist guide and free leisure activities and traditional stories, cultures and entertainment.
- Visit Museums, Parks, Historic places such as Kit Mikayi, and boat rides.
- Kisumu is a Lakeside City with a lot of leisure activities.
Note: Depending on the Experteers interests and specific project details we may ask that the Experteer cover some of their own in-country transportation costs
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Mission: Women Empowerment
Size: Startup: 2 - 5 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.