Social Impact Project for Software/Web Development to Support Education in Cambodia
Project Description and Impact
We are a small organisation that has been growing over the past 4 years. We have just begun an innovative new initiative bringing digital resources into schools at a low cost with our low cost digital library. Additionally, due to the increase in activity within our organisation, we now need to raise the quality of our web presence. Below are the current IT requirements that we need help with.
We are implementing a digital library into state-run schools. We use a Raspberry Pi, a separate router and a solar system to be used as a local server. Teachers can connect via wifi and browse/download our resources for class. Students can connect on a smartphone to self teach and learn through play. We need:
- Some HTML educational games that follow the school curriculum.
- Support with network setup and problem-solving.
- Workshop with teachers on using smartphones to access the library. (Technical knowledge is zero)
We have a grant from Microsoft for $5000 of Azure services per year. We have moved our WordPress site to the hosting but are unable to set up the server to use it to the full potential. We have 2 websites that need a developer to:
- Set up security to ensure all our donor details are secure and limit possibilities for hacking
- Optimize installations for Wordpress to speed up the website. Preferably done natively on the server.
- Create a staging website to allow for development off live site
On one website;
- Better develop the payment page to be more user-friendly
- Implement a new payment system.
- Develop a new system that integrates through Shopify and Amazon API as a commercial fundraising idea
Our 2nd resource website is for teachers. We need you to:
- Make it intuitive to navigate, allowing teachers to find content based on different criteria
- Create templates for teachers to upload their own content yet keep the website uniform
- Integrate a Facebook group into the website.
By participating in the MovingWorlds Institute, you will first learn social impact frameworks and human-centered design before putting your existing skills and new knowledge to action.In addition, this organization will expose you to new things, like:
You can learn about a new culture and country for sure but I think the best thing you can learn from us will be different approaches to running a charity. We like to be innovative and out of the box in our approach to solving problems with education in Cambodia.
We offer basic Khmer language lessons, orientation of Pursat and a bicycle that you can use during your stay
This project accepts virtual experteers.
About the Hosting Organization
Tuk Tuk for Children is a Non-profit working on Education, Professional Training & Coaching.