Social Impact Project for Fundraising Experteer for Strengthening Sustainable Funding Sourcess
Project Description and Impact
Africa Matters is a youth-led organisation empowering and upskilling African youth with the skills and tools to transform their communities and the African narrative through media, leadership development, social entrepreneurship and advocacy skills. We have impacted the lives of over 27 000 African youth and diaspora through our flagship programs – Africa Matters Ambassadors Program (AMAP), Schools Leadership Development Program (SLDP), She is Empowered Program (ShE), Youth Leadership Development Program (YLDP) and powerful media platforms with 34 000 followers collectively.
Our Impact is as follows:
- 2 International Awards - Queen’s Young Leader (2016) and One Young World (2017)
- 10 African and Global Conferences - Africa Matters Ambassadors have represented the organisation at over 7 conferences.
- 47 Educational Webinars - Reaching over 10 000 Africans and diaspora across Facebook and Youtube.
- 40 Youth Leadership Development Program Workshops - Reaching over 4 100 youth participants across South Africa, Tunisia, Nigeria and Ethiopia
- 2 United Nations ECOSOC Speaking Opportunities where Africa Matters was chosen to represent the voice of young people at both conferences in 2020 and 2019.
- 95% program satisfaction rate across our flagship programs, obtained from post-program surveys
Over the next 5 years we aim to empower an additional 10 000 young Africans of which 70% are adolescent girls and young women. Having received our first 3 grants in 2021, we would like assistance in diversifying our revenue sources to continue empowering and upskilling African youth, irrespective of whether we have grants or not. This includes exploring alternative sources of funding - including social enterprise based flagship programs, building relationships with key donors, etc.
By participating in the MovingWorlds Institute, you will first learn social impact frameworks and human-centered design before putting your existing skills and new knowledge to action.In addition, this organization will expose you to new things, like:
- Deep understanding of Africa's emerging youth demographic.
- Deep understanding of Africa's unemployment crisis, methodologies to solve for this crisis, high-growth industries, and public-private collaborations to solve for the crisis.
- The importance of leadership and soft skills in enhancing employability.
- Experience in a pan-African organisation.
Unfortunately, Africa Matters does not have significant benefits other than working with a group of 14 passionate young Africans changing the lives of their communities day in and day out.
This project accepts virtual experteers.
About the Hosting Organization
Afrika Matters Initiative is a Non-profit working on Education, Global Development, Program Development.