WASH Engineering Experteer
Support Environment in Asembo, Kenya
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
Our new program, WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) will provide a comprehensive self-sustainable pathway toward improved individual and village living conditions in Western Kenya. WASH is based on a successful Public Health promotion program. Through this program we will recruit village health promotion facilitators; train them in facilitation skills to conduct a dialogue with their fellow villagers; and provide ongoing support, encouragement, and resources for the villager’s action plans. The overall outcome of this program’s first year is to conduct a pilot with one or two villages. The health care needs could include public health-specific issues such as water, Sanitation, Hygiene, cholera, or more social/behavioral-related issues. By deploying the Village Public Health Promoters, not only will the community be provided with a visible action towards empowering their health, they will be the key drivers of this improvement. Working with the village health promotion teams, Our organization will provide the training, facilitation and support for each village
The Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) Experteer will be responsible for running and supervising water, sanitation and hygiene programs at all stages of the project management cycle.
Experteer will also be responsible for accomplishing the program objectives and outcomes within the contextual constraints.
The Experteer ensures the overall success of the program by making sure the WASH team completes the defined activities while adhering to internal standards and contractual obligations; and that the program is completed on time, within budget and with acceptable quality.
Further objectives for the WASH Experteer concern the capacity building and mentoring of staff; humanitarian needs identification through monitoring of the evolving situation; context analysis to contribute to the development of future programs; and internal coordination.
- Develop a program plan, ensure its smooth implementation, and manage the organization's performance of project tasks and activities that may include, but are not limited to:
- Construction or rehabilitation of water networks, gravity flow systems, wells or boreholes.Implementation of latrines or other sanitation facilities.
- Hygiene promotion and education. Creation and training of management structure. Cholera prevention campaigns.
- Water treatment.
- Ensure appropriate design, construction and implementation of WASH hardware according to technical standards, as well as proper maintenance and use of WASH equipment.
- Develop and ensure the use of appropriate techniques and materials for hygiene promotion and training.
- Track the progress of activities, ensure the collecting of program indicators and provide on-time internal status reports and external donor reports.
- Represent our organization externally and collaborate/coordinate with local authorities, counterparts, partners and stakeholders.
- Nonprofit Operations
- Water & Sanitation
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LANGUAGES:
We Provide These Local Benefits
We have huts which can accommodate up to 20 people, there is power, flowing water, beddings and clean sanitation.
We are a growing organization and works for the community development, promotion of better opportunities, improving standards of living and provides assistance to the social sector.
- Experteers will help the community to provide customized solutions keeping in view of the community needs and to develop mutually beneficial relationships to foster Education, Culture, Tourism and international exchange of ideas.
- Experteers will also gain experience in variety of fields including; social work, children and youth development, HIV/AIDS awareness and sports development
- This will be an opportunity to have a taste of real Luo/African delicacies.
- Staying within our community, will give Experteers an ample opportunity to learn and experience way of life and cultural practices.
- Since our organization is just a few Kilometers away from USA President Barack Obama ancestral home, we will arrange for a free visit and have a walk in Obama's village.This would be a great opportunity of its kind.
- We can offer local tourist guide and free leisure activities and traditional stories, cultures and entertainment.
- Visit Museums, Parks, Historic places such as Kit Mikayi, and boat rides.
- Kisumu is a Lakeside City with a lot of leisure activities.
Note: Depending on the Experteers interests and specific project details we may ask that the Experteer cover some of their own in-country transportation costs
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Size: Startup: 2 - 5 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.