Grants and Fundraising Experteer
Support Poverty Alleviation in Asembo, Kenya
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND IMPACT
We are a growing organization and we work for the community development, promotion of better opportunities, improving standards of living and provide assistance to the social sector. That is supporting our girl child education scholarship program, women socioeconomic program, youth empowerment program, people living with disabilities orphans and vulnerable children. As noted, there are so many activities that the project aims to address that meeting all of them, given the limited resources from the local community and well wishers, may not be possible. With any support geared towards our organization, means that we shall fulfill and meet our objectives effectively. An community empowered by education becomes effective in terms of poverty alleviation.
The Grants and Fundraising Experteer will be responsible for our organization's grants and fundraising programme.
This could include developing corporate partnerships, coordinating direct mail campaigns, organizing fundraising events and appeals, and sourcing grant income from trusts, foundations and other statutory bodies.
Researching and approaching trusts, other bodies that could potentially make grants to the organization Writing and presenting proposals.
Managing the grant application process and ensuring that reporting is tracked and meets donors' expectations
Developing relationships with major donors, identifying new potential major donors and nurturing relationships Attending relevant fundraising forums.
Communicating with the public: online, via the media, through direct mail etc.
Working with our partners to conceptualize new project concepts and write proposals to secure funding from diverse private sources.
- Event Planning
- Nonprofit Operations
- Online Marketing
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LANGUAGES:
We Provide These Local Benefits
We have a hut which can accommodate up to 10 people, there is power, water, beddings and clean sanitation
We are a growing organization and works for the community development, promotion of better opportunities, improving standards of living and provides assistance to the social sector.
- Volunteers will help the community to provide customized solutions keeping in view of the community needs and to develop mutually beneficial relationships to foster Education, Culture, Tourism and international exchange of ideas.
- Volunteers will also gain experience in variety of fields including; social work, children and youth development, HIV/AIDS awareness and sports development
- This will be an opportunity to have a taste of real Luo/African delicacies.
- Staying within our community, will give volunteers an ample opportunity to learn and experience way of life and cultural practices.
- Since our organization is just a few Kilometers away from former USA President Barack Obama ancestral home, we will arrange for a free visit and have a walk in Obama's village.This would be a great opportunity of its kind.
- We can offer local tourist guide and free leisure activities and traditional stories, cultures and entertainment.
- Visit Museums, Parks, Historic places such as Kit Mikayi, and boat rides.
- Kisumu is a Lakeside City with a lot of leisure activities.
Note: Depending on the Experteers interests and specific project details we may ask that the Experteer cover some of their own in-country transportation costs
This opportunity accepts applications for virtual experteers.
Questions & Answers About this Opportunity
Mission: Poverty Alleviation
Size: Startup: 2 - 5 persons
Create an Account
Contact this organization, see other suggested projects, and get help from our support team to find and plan an Experteering trip.
What is MovingWorlds?
A membership community, matching site, and global support team that helps you find the best place to volunteer your skills.
Read about us in Huffington Post
How do I contact this organization?
Become a verified member of MovingWorlds to start communicating with this organization and to learn more about the project. By becoming a member, you can also connect to any other of our verified Experteering opportunities around the world with any of the organizations on our platform, as well as our support team if you need guidance.
What happens after I become a member and get connected?
You follow our facilitated planning process to finalize the details of your Experteering engagement in partnership with the hosting organization.
Can I save this project for easy reference?
What if the time or skills aren't right?
That's OK! You can contact this organization and share your availability and/or skills, and discuss directly with them if you can work on a project that better fits both of you.