Social Impact Project for Web Designer & Communications Experteer
Project Description and Impact
We are a community based education school/organization that works to uplift the living standard of the children within the remote part of western Kenya.
Our program balances the traditional and the innovative, emphasizing excellence in academics and a thorough exposure to the arts, environment, and community development. We teach children to think creatively, read critically and reason logically, stressing the value of both individual learning and collaboration. We are committed to diversity, teaching students to be inclusive and to respect themselves and others as well as integrating our programs to meet the community needs.
By participating in the MovingWorlds Institute, you will first learn social impact frameworks and human-centered design before putting your existing skills and new knowledge to action.In addition, this organization will expose you to new things, like:
- Explore your interests
- Strengthen past skills
- Develop new skills
- Learn something new
- Become the teacher you never knew you were
- Broaden your horizons by interacting with new people & places
- Strengthen your compassion for others
- Improve or develop new interpersonal skills
- Gain a natural sense of accomplishment through helping others
- Achieve a new or strengthened sense of purpose
- Increase your self-esteem and self-confidence
- Have a brighter outlook on life
- Develop a new support system through those you meet volunteering
- Improve your physical health through more active volunteer opportunities
- Improve your overall mental health by helping others
- Experience greater happiness through volunteering
We work with other volunteers and offer a home-stay program for those volunteers. As an Experteer, you can also participate in the home-stay program while here which is closely linked with the school. You are given a chance to experience a very authentic African lifestyle in all aspects. It is a great chance for you to be a part of a different culture and to learn about how others live their lives. You will be given an access to yout own room, access to electricity as well as water.
Meals are prepared locally and you are given an opportunity also to learn how to cook food as well cooking their home food and share with the host. You will have three meals provided each day.
We request our volunteers to have:
- Positive attitude
- Compassionate heart
- Open mind
- Motivation to help in any way that you can!
In return we shall
- Offer Recommendation certificate/Letter upon successful completion of volunteer programme.
- A conducive environment to help you have a fulfilling and rich volunteer atmosphere
This project accepts virtual experteers.
About the Hosting Organization
Blessed Junior School is a Non-profit working on Civic & Social Organization, Education, Fundraising, Impact Investing, Non-Profit, Primary/Secondary Education, Program Development.