Tableau Data Analysis to Support TB Detection & Prevention
This project was matched to another person! For similar projects, get introduced to this organization.
Develops materials and facilitates training to help you and your team grow.
Using location data of current patients, we will improve the way we collect data (as well as what and how we collect it) and create visualizations in Tableau (i.e. heat map) identifying regions where CHW should target as part of their outreach and case finding efforts. The hypothesis being: regions where current TB patients live and work will likely surface more infected individuals who have not been identified and treated as TB is highly infectious. Your work will help us find and support more people who are infected, as well as help fewer people contract TB.
This project aims to:
- Provide a structured process so that CHW can target specific regions where there is a higher likelihood of TB (i.e. regions where current TB patients live and work) and do active case finding
- Streamline the process for collecting and analyzing the data
- A customized method to share data visualizations with health workers (and their tablets) to find/support active cases
- Reports and different data visualizations (i.e. heat map) of TB cases in Tableau
- Recommendations for other ways our organization can leverage Tableau software to improve our systems and processes
Final details related to project scope and process will be explored during the planning phase through the planning guide. Project is expected to start in July.
In addition, you may be asked to support and execute on tasks related to other Tableau projects within our organization (i.e. analysis of CHW data). This is not to exceed more than 10% of your time.
Full time (30+hours a week)
When Can You Start?
The ideal start date for this project isas soon as possible.
Note: This project is only open to Tableau employees.
Operation ASHA is a nonprofit that has taken tuberculosis (TB) treatment to the doorsteps of 6.1 million individuals living in disadvantaged areas. We operate in over 3,000 villages and slums in eight states across India and Cambodia. Our TB treatment centers, strategically located near shops, temples, health clinics, etc., help patients procure medicine conveniently without wasting time, spending money on transport, and losing wages.
We also train community members, often former patients, to become TB health workers and support our efforts to identify at-risk individuals, promote adherence to treatment regimens, and carry out regular educational campaigns.
For this project, we’re looking for TWO individuals to support a data analysis project to improve and scale our TB detection process. Our community health workers (CHW) are at the heart of the detection efforts working in the field to collect data and carry out educational campaigns. This project will focus on enabling them with the most accurate and up-to-date data, so that they can efficiently and effectively deploy resources.
The ideal candidate must have experience with and/or use of the following:
- Connecting to data sources in Tableau
- Creating dashboards to solve our impact objectives
- Working with our team to improve processes and methods for acquiring better data, as well as sharing data visualizations
- Tableau Software
- Tableau Server & Desktop
- Tableau Prep
It would be helpful for the candidate to have the following experience:
- Tableau Mobile
- Training/consulting experience
- Healthcare knowledge/background
The Tableau Foundation has granted our organization the following software and services. The ideal candidate should be able to use them fluently.
- Tableau Creator
- Tableau Server
- Desktop I, II & III trainings
- Gain cross-cultural experience with a diverse team with individuals from India
- Exposure to the public health system in India
About Operation ASHA
Operation ASHA is a Non-profit working on Health / Wellness / Fitness, Hospital & Health Care.View organization
Sustainable Development Goals
Operation ASHA is making process on the following SDGs: