Tableau Data Analysis to Support TB Detection & Prevention
This project was matched to another person! For similar projects, get introduced to this organization.
Trainer (Typically 1 - 4 weeks)
You must be able to speak English.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 3 weeks to 4 weeks
Description and Impact
Note: This project is only open to Tableau employees.
Operation ASHA is a nonprofit that has taken tuberculosis (TB) treatment to the doorsteps of 6.1 million individuals living in disadvantaged areas. We operate in over 3,000 villages and slums in eight states across India and Cambodia. Our TB treatment centers, strategically located near shops, temples, health clinics, etc., help patients procure medicine conveniently without wasting time, spending money on transport, and losing wages.
We also train community members, often former patients, to become TB health workers and support our efforts to identify at-risk individuals, promote adherence to treatment regimens, and carry out regular educational campaigns.
For this project, we’re looking for TWO individuals to support a data analysis project to improve and scale our TB detection process. Our community health workers (CHW) are at the heart of the detection efforts working in the field to collect data and carry out educational campaigns. This project will focus on enabling them with the most accurate and up-to-date data, so that they can efficiently and effectively deploy resources.
Using location data of current patients, we will improve the way we collect data (as well as what and how we collect it) and create visualizations in Tableau (i.e. heat map) identifying regions where CHW should target as part of their outreach and case finding efforts. The hypothesis being: regions where current TB patients live and work will likely surface more infected individuals who have not been identified and treated as TB is highly infectious. Your work will help us find and support more people who are infected, as well as help fewer people contract TB.
This project aims to:
- Provide a structured process so that CHW can target specific regions where there is a higher likelihood of TB (i.e. regions where current TB patients live and work) and do active case finding
- Streamline the process for collecting and analyzing the data
- A customized method to share data visualizations with health workers (and their tablets) to find/support active cases
- Reports and different data visualizations (i.e. heat map) of TB cases in Tableau
- Recommendations for other ways our organization can leverage Tableau software to improve our systems and processes
Final details related to project scope and process will be explored during the planning phase through the planning guide. Project is expected to start in July.
In addition, you may be asked to support and execute on tasks related to other Tableau projects within our organization (i.e. analysis of CHW data). This is not to exceed more than 10% of your time.
The ideal candidate must have experience with and/or use of the following:
- Connecting to data sources in Tableau
- Creating dashboards to solve our impact objectives
- Working with our team to improve processes and methods for acquiring better data, as well as sharing data visualizations
- Tableau Software
- Tableau Server & Desktop
- Tableau Prep
It would be helpful for the candidate to have the following experience:
- Tableau Mobile
- Training/consulting experience
- Healthcare knowledge/background
The Tableau Foundation has granted our organization the following software and services. The ideal candidate should be able to use them fluently.
- Tableau Creator
- Tableau Server
- Desktop I, II & III trainings
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Travel Stipend
- Learning Opportunity
- Meal Stipend
As this project is sponsored by Tableau, all accommodation will be covered by Tableau for Tableau employees. Details will be provided at a later time.
As this project is sponsored by Tableau, all travel expenses will be covered by Tableau for Tableau employees. Details will be provided at a later time.
- Gain cross-cultural experience with a diverse team with individuals from India
- Exposure to the public health system in India
As this project is sponsored by Tableau, all meals will be covered by Tableau for Tableau employees. Details will be provided at a later time.