Social Impact Project for Skill-based Trainer to Help Set Up Vocational Training for Women
Project Description and Impact
This project will be located in a beautiful village. We have around 10-15 women in a village who are a part of our vocational training. Our biggest challenge is to have an expert skill-based trainer who can train these women in simple cost efficient products. This trainer will need to design the products and then teach the local women how to make the products themselves.
Since these women live in a village, they usually have free time by 12 pm. By that time, they have finished all the household chores, farm work, taken the buffaloes out to graze on the grass and finished cooking. Generally, we have them in our training from 12:00 pm/12:30 pm till 4:00 pm in the evening. These women are given homework so that they can practice and if they get time at night or in the morning. By 4:30 pm - 5:00 pm we move back from the village to the city. In the afternoon the women have ample time which is merely wasted, we are trying to utilize this free time to create a leader among each of the motivated women.
We want to make these women utilize their afternoon free time, be self-sustained, earn money and help their daughters get educated. Many girls in this village are drop-outs. If the women are trained, are a part of a product cycle and the products are being sold, then it would help these women earn money. We want every woman to gain financial independence. This will be crucial for their development and will empower them. We are trying to create emotional and financial stability among the women in the village. This would create and increase self-esteem, learning a skill that can help them earn money would make a big difference in their life.
Dates are flexible
By participating in the MovingWorlds Institute, you will first learn social impact frameworks and human-centered design before putting your existing skills and new knowledge to action.In addition, this organization will expose you to new things, like:
A professional can:
- Learn how these women in the village live happily - despite a lack of money, education, infrastructure, and awareness.
- Learn how their families stay together through thick and thin.
- Witness how their efforts would be valued and treasured.
- Learn and observe how their mere presence and a small contribution can change the lives of many people around.
- Learn about a new culture, food, society and the values that these villagers have.
- Create and bring upon many possible opportunities through which you can learn and enjoy the different culture
More than this you would be surprised to see how the culture is different in the village and in city, where the mere distance between them is not more than 20 km
For Kering Group employees, accommodation will be provided close to the work location.
For all other applicants, you will need to find provide your own accommodation.
For Kering employees, we will provide 3 meals a day.
For all other applicants, you will need to provide your own meals.
- We would also help arrange for sight-seeing and show you the city around in your free time.
- We would help you with the local shopping that is required.
- If interested we can train you in self-defense.
For Kering employees, we will be providing transportation to and from the airport, and daily transportation to/from the work location.
About the Hosting Organization
Colorss Foundation is a Non-profit working on Non-Profit, Philanthropy.