Social Impact Project for Introductory Python Course Instructor
How This Works
In the MovingWorlds Institute Global Fellowship, you will learn how to advance your for-good career while getting hands on experience on projects like this one.
Project Description and Impact
Phoenix Space in collaboration with Codecademy have launched a unique learning course which combines learning the Python programming language with space science. Students learn introductory Python coding in a 60-hour hybrid course that combines Codecademy’s learning environment with practical exercises developed by Phoenix Space. In each coding lesson, the students will complete technical problems to accomplish their own simulated space mission. At the end of the course, students will write a larger program using all the skills they learned. This intense program is targeted at 17-24-year-old students from refugee and disadvantaged communities and is offered to them at no cost.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruitment, onboarding and certification process supported by Phoenix team.
- Weekly marking and commenting of students’ code
- Responding to students questions on Edmodo - our online learning environment
- Making instructional videos on difficult topics
- Proposing improvements to the course material for future students
- Give advice on programming as a career, how to use their membership of Codecademy’s platform to further develop students’ skills after this course, and how to develop a portfolio of work.
By participating in the MovingWorlds Institute, you will first learn social impact frameworks and human-centered design before putting your existing skills and new knowledge to action.
Gain hands on experience with scaling a social educational project
International team and environment
This project accepts virtual experteers.
About the Hosting Organization
Phoenix Space is a Other working on Civic & Social Organization, Computer Software, Education, Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Fundraising, Non-Profit, Public Policy, Research.