Social Impact Project for Grant Writing Experteer to Support Sustainable agriculture Development.
How This Works
In the MovingWorlds Institute Global Fellowship, you will learn how to advance your for-good career while getting hands on experience on projects like this one.
Project Description and Impact
Agriculture is the main economic activity for over 88% of people of CAMEROON. The agriculture sector contributes 47% of CAMEROON’s Gross Domestic Product and over 80% of foreign earnings come through exports of Coffee, Cocoa and other agro-based products.
Though agriculture production has improved in CAMEROON over the last decade, it has yet not reached its true potential. Cameroon Business Today suggests the following challenges that the agriculture sector in CAMEROON currently faces.
- Scarcity of land, which is an outcome of high population.
- Deterioration of soil fertility and severe land erosion.
- Very low levels of inputs in the form either organic manure or other fertilizers.
- Agriculture is based on rainfall as little irrigation goes on in CAMEROON.
- Low purchasing power among the rural people.
- Lack of awareness about market dynamics by the farmers in the country.
- Limited market participation by the farmers
- Lack of access to financial services.
- Agricultural advisory services are not easily accessed by the rural farmers.
The Food and Agriculture Organization, also emphasizes on the need to adopt good agricultural practices to deal with the existing problems that the sector faces.
Project Goal: To augment the livelihood of rural communities in CAMEROON by enhancing the resilience of agriculture through the development, promotion and adoption of Sustainable Farming
1. To promote sustainable farming practices through awareness generation and demonstration in CAMEROON.
2. Establishment of 10 farmer training centers to provide training on aspects of sustainable farming to 1000 identified farmers.
3. Establish 50 farmers libraries and common facility areas to provide agricultural inputs – quality seeds, manure and other equipment to the farmers Practices.
By participating in the MovingWorlds Institute, you will first learn social impact frameworks and human-centered design before putting your existing skills and new knowledge to action.In addition, this organization will expose you to new things, like:
Experteering with us give the Experteer the opportunity to:
1. Explore and understand how grassroot social enterprises operate.
2. Understand how African communities and members approach development issues
3. Learn a second Language which is French
4.Build new relationships and get to share in our realities.
The experteer would be immersed in our local culture, been giving the opportunity to meat community members, eat our local meals and visit our touristic sites.
This project accepts virtual experteers.
About the Hosting Organization
COMMUNITY AGRO SERVICES LTD is a For-profit with social mission working on Consumer Services, Impact Investing, Warehousing.