Social Impact Project for Environmental Services Proposal Support for Cleantech Startup
Project Description and Impact
We are a whole-approach clean tech company targeting OCEAN PLASTICS. The whole approach strategy includes:
- interactive EDUCATIONAL programs targeted at schools and youth groups
- Comprehensive SCIENCE & RESEARCH programs based upon the Seabin technology
- Innovative TECHNOLOGY
After a video about our work went viral in 2016, we have become an 'accidental' global brand. Currently we are transitioning our business model to be data solutions and environmental services driven so that we can create recurring revenue streams and new product offerings for city governments.
The focus points of our product offerings are
- Data Solutions + Management
- Behaviour Change using Prevention, Education + Community Activation
- Technical service offerings and hardware sales
Given that our target clients are cities + Governments, we took the first step and are currently self-funding pilot programs in Sydney, Australia + Hawaii for 12-months through a combination of private investment & corporate sponsors. The goal is to convert the pilot programs to paid city contracts. Discussions about agreeing to adopt the services are already at an advanced stage with cities.
The impact of our pilots so far is visual and tangible:
- Month 1 of our 12 month pilot saw over 1.16 tons of plastic pollution removed from Sydney Harbour
- 252 million litres of water filtered for micro plastics, plastic fibres, oil and more
- Over 100,000 microplastic particles removed
- 5.8 million people reached via our media channels
By participating in the MovingWorlds Institute, you will first learn social impact frameworks and human-centered design before putting your existing skills and new knowledge to action.In addition, this organization will expose you to new things, like:
Hands on experience of a start up using business for good to address environmental concerns with global impact
This project accepts virtual experteers.
About the Hosting Organization
The Seabin Project is a For-profit working on Design, Education, Environmental Services, International Trade and Development, Manufacturing, Maritime, Market Research, Marketing and Advertising, Mechanical Engineering, Renewables & Environment.