Congratulations! PayPal Gives Nonprofit Experience Program has sponsored your MovingWorlds Individual Experteering membership.
Here's what you can expect:
- Be invited to join PayPal Gives Nonprofit Experience Program (NEP)
- Review NEP program details [Within two weeks of being invited to join NEP]
- Commit to join the NEP by notifying PayPal HR by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Nonprofit Experience Program [Within two weeks of being invited to join NEP]
- HR transition team will confirm you are approved for the program and supply you with a unique link to create your Experteering profile [Within two weeks of being invited to join NEP]
- Sign updated Secondment Agreement and amended Separation Agreement with PayPal when prompted by PayPal HR [Within 5 business days after receiving the agreements from PayPal]
- Confirm your NEP start and end dates with PayPal HR. If these dates change, you are responsible for alerting the organization with which you are working [When you receive the Secondment Agreement and/or sign the Secondment Agreement]
- Complete the PayPal Gives NEP Onboarding Module on MovingWorlds Learning Management System [Same day that you register on MovingWorlds]
- Start matching process with MovingWorlds by requesting 5 introductions within your first 2 days as shared in the onboarding training and explained below [Within 2 business days of registering]
- Continue the matching process according to this timeline:
- Week 1: Request at least 5 introductions in your first 2 days to projects that are a skills-based match (learn more about finding projects that match your skills below).
- Week 2: Have introduction calls with organizations and either confirm a match or be close to confirming a match.
- Week 3: If not matched within 2 weeks, MovingWorlds will work closely with you in week 3 to facilitate introductions with organizations on our platform, creating a deadline for introduction calls.
- Week 4: If not matched within 3 weeks, PayPal may directly assign you to a participating PayPal Nonprofit Partner.
- After confirming a match, complete your Experteering Planning Guide and start working on your project [Within 2-4 weeks of onboarding]
- End of NEP [3 months after signing Secondment Agreement]
- Fill out survey [Within 7 days of NEP end date]
- Questions? Please review our Frequently Asked Questions section
At MovingWorlds, we have guided over 1,000 Experteers through successful skills-based volunteering projects. Beyond matching to projects, our process and guides also will help you think about how this experience can help you take the next steps in your career.
If you join us as an Experteer, we’ll first provide you with training and primers on the social impact industry, best practices for skills-based volunteering during COVID-19, and how to design projects and programs for long-term, sustainable impact. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in monthly webinars on how to use your Experteering experience to help your career. Finally, you’ll spend up to 3 months working with a social enterprise on a project matched to your professional skills, both enhancing your own skills and providing your host organization with a usable product.
Ready to take the next step? Please follow the steps below (and if you have questions, email us at email@example.com).