Once both parties are ready to connect directly, MovingWorlds will send an email to both you and the Host Organization. As the Experteer, you are responsible for “project managing” the process forward. Start by emailing with the Host Organization to set up an introductory call.
First: Gather helpful information about the Host Organization (mainly through its website and external resources) including:
- Line of work and social impact focus
- Articles published about or by the Host Organization
- Areas of success
- Prepare questions you have about the Host and its functions
Second: Take time to review the opportunity profile and project description. It’s normal to have questions, so write them down and prepare to ask the Host Organization on your call to ensure that you have a clear understanding of:
- The project details
- The anticipated outcome of the project and the benefit of the project to the organization's mission
- The time required
- Which of your skills will be utilized
Note: On all of your calls, remember to take notes on everything. If you do decide to Experteer with that particular Host Organization, the information will be valuable for your Experteering Planning Guide further down the road.