Mpower People CIC
Mpower People CIC is a mental health support organisation focused on the most vulnerable, providing person-centred projects to support people to gain skills, improve confidence and enter employment or lead healthier lives. As a Digital Hub supporting over 100 people a year to increase their digital skills and accredited training provider we have 14 years of experience, working with unemployed people and providing training to enhance peoples lives. We are currently also delivering a Personal Finance training and other person-centered support.
Michelle uses her own lived experience of poor mental health and homelessness to create a service that is more than just a project but a family for most of our clients. She uses her own time, skills and savings to provide services, training and access to opportunities that otherwise these vulnerable people would not be able to access. As a result of attending MPower People CIC our clients:
- Increase confidence and self-esteem
- Learn to think and behave more healthily.
- Develop improved personal communication skills and socialising skills.
- Improve mental health /wellbeing.
- Have a greater knowledge of interests they may not have tried before
- Improve knowledge
- Increase skills
- Have wider access to opportunities, such as a network of support, volunteer opportunities, training and health and wellbeing support.
- Have access to a safe space to meet and share experiences
- Improve social interaction and reduce loneliness
- Improve mental health
Since starting Mpower People CIC, Michelle has:
- 23 people in drug or alcohol recovery,
- 27 previously homeless individuals now housed
- supported over 90 people into volunteering opportunities
- increased over 1000 peoples skills
- supported over 860 people into employment
- supported 86 people to start their own business
and saved at least 27 peoples lives.
Diverse Social Enterprise
The TRANSFORM Support Hub is committed to accelerating diverse owned and led enterprises to build more equitable and resilient supply chains.