Trace Planet works to promote environmental regeneration as a key solution to slow down climate change, engaging communities and organizations to transition from an extractive to a regenerative mindset, and to trigger behavioural change that leads to measurable impact. We do this through research, education and developing multi-stakeholder coalitions for regeneration, always using the fashion industry as our entry point to create change.
Trace Planet was born out of the understanding that in order to create a just and fair society in the context of the present day climate crisis, we need to transition to regenerative models of eco-social organistion. This implies a complete redesign of human life on earth, in a way that acknolwledges the systemc interdependencies between all forms of life and that creates healing cycles and processes.
In the 3 yeas since our creation, we have delivered workshops on regeneration to hundrends of people with great success:
- 350 workshop attendees
- 53 average NPS
- 85% of attendees reported having connected with like-minded people and organizations (goal: connection)
- 76% of attendees reported learning about the impact their clothes have on the environment (goal: education)
- 69% of attendees reported an increased understanding of how to create change in the fashion industry (goal: empowerment)
- 32% of attendees committed to specific actions after the workshop (goal: action) such as:
- Paying more attention to the composition of garments before buying them, trying to avoid fabrics that are harmful for the planet
- Prioritising locally made clothes
- Asking brands who made their clothes and what’s in them
- Buying more second-hand clothes
- Sharing what they learned with their community
- Organising a similar workshop for their community
We have also worked with young activists who are leading voices in the fight against climate change to equip them with systemic thinking:
- 86 Net Promoter Score (considered “Excellent” as per NPS guidelines).
- 100% of participants reported building meaningful connection with fellow activists.
- 86% of participants reported feeling like they had a stronger support network after the event.
- 100% of participants reported coming up with new collaborative solutions to scale their impact.
- 100% of participants reported learning about how to make their work more systemic.
- 100% of participants reported getting support and inspiration for the challenges they were facing in their work.