WASHKing manufactures, supplies and installs environmentally friendly biodigester toilets. The toilets are built locally by local artisans and using regionally available materials. The WASHKing technology introduces a locally made biodegradable powder developed in India for digestion. In addition, the treatment system separates effluent and turns it into safe water for agriculture or landscaping.
The main target groups are low-income urban households and institutions with poor or no access to toilets. Flexible payment terms, training on hygiene and after-sales services ensure customer loyalty.
WASHKing improves household health and productivity, increases the income of local community members and stimulates the local economy through training on high-demand skills in construction, carpentry and sales.
So far our impact includes:
- Improving health conditions of over 200 households by reducing sanitation-related diseases by the end of 2017.
- Enhancing transferable skills for ten youths yearly as artisans building the toilets.
- Providing safe sanitation and hygiene training to over 1,000 people by the end of 2017
- Reducing water and air pollution by eradicating open defecation in 200 households by the end of 2017.
- Minimising water usage to 500ml for each flush.
- Using biodegradable powder for digestion.
- Recycling water and sludge for usage in agriculture or landscaping.
- Improving income and employment of local community members through creating artisan and sales jobs.
- Raising productivity through better sanitary and health conditions among low-income populations.
- Providing manure and recycled water as by-products that can be used for economic activities.