WASHKING manufactures, supplies and installs environmentally friendly biodigester toilets. The toilets are built locally by local artisans and using regionally available materials. The WASHKING technology has a treatment system separates effluent and turns it into safe water for agriculture or landscaping.
The main target groups are low-income urban households and institutions with poor or no access to toilets. Flexible payment terms, training on hygiene and after-sales services ensure customer loyalty.
WASHKING is a responsible, long-term focused social-purpose Company re-investing part of our revenue to make more positive impacts and caring about economic, social and environmental wellbeing of people and communities it works with.
WASHKING improves household health and productivity, increases the income of local community members and stimulates the local economy through training on high-demand skills in construction, carpentry and sales.
So far our impact includes:
- Improving health conditions of over 1,700 households by reducing sanitation-related diseases through the 714 safe toilets supplied by the end of 2022.
- Enhancing transferable skills for 10 youths yearly as artisans building the toilets.
- Providing safe sanitation and hygiene training to over 3,000 people directly by the end of 2022.
- Reducing water and air pollution by eradicating open defecation in over 1,700 households by the end of 2022.
- Minimising water usage to 500ml for each flush.
- Using nature-based systems for digestion.
- Recycling water and sludge for usage in agriculture or landscaping.
- Improving income and employment of local community members through creating artisan and sales jobs. Presently, WASHKING has created over 5,700 green job opportunities with 8 average jobs per a project.
- Raising productivity through better sanitary and health conditions among low-income populations.
- Providing manure and recycled water as by-products that can be used for economic activities.