Designer/Product Research Experteer for New Product Development
You must be able to speak English.
When Can You Start?
You can start Flexible
Description and Impact
Our organization is trying to close the protection gap, create resilience in the most vulnerable communities of South Africa against unfortunate events and shocks. For years, we have been working on the slum fire challenge in South Africa. We've grown a whole business around that to serve people who are in high fire risk communities in our country by:
- providing our early warning technology to whole communities to reduce the chance of these horrible fires from spreading
- developing an affordable insurance product so people who traditionally had no access to any form of cover are protected in the event of disaster.
We're now taking on the next major challenge, looking into what our communities define as the next biggest fear - theft/crime. We're going into a new product development cycle and are looking for expertise who could assist in this regard, at the same time as supporting some of our other operations going on at the same time where their skills may be useful.
We're hoping to achieve:
- Market research on our customer dreams in relation to a household security product (will involve direct engagement with our market)
- Mock-ups/design ideas for potential branding and design around this
- Broad strategy for our overall value proposition for the product and ways we can better reach our communities with valuable interventions to improve their resilience