Social Enterprise Champion & Global Connections Fellow
This project was matched to another person! For similar projects, get introduced to this organization.
You must be able to speak English.
Additionally, speaking Spanish would be helpful.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 3½ months to 12 months
Description and Impact
This fellowship is a fulltime position in our Medellin office, and has both an operational and a research & analysis component. You'll be working on a mission-critical part of our team, with a balance of your more individual and team projects.
The first week will be dedicated to orientation and training, to be familiarized with MovingWorlds mission and processes. Subsequently, the fellow will engage in operations and interact with social impact organizations around the world to learn more about their needs and identify ways that MovingWorlds can help them accelerate their mission.
In summary, primary tasks and responsibilities include:
- Work with Social Impact organizations to help them post projects on MovingWorlds and harness the benefits from hosting an Experteer (scoping, reviewing & promoting opportunities)
- Support Experteer matching by reaching out to specific social impact organizations and partners (using our existing CRM and Admin management tools). In depth profiling through personal intake calls may be part of this
- Design, run and evaluate special projects, campaigns and tests, that help us scale our business and improve our impact
Experimental, lean design and customer development aimed at scaling our businesses, improving our bottom-line, and evaluation and measurement of results will be integral parts of this approach.
Success will be measured by (among others) the following indicators
- Number and quality of opportunities (Experteering projects) posted
- Number of satisfied Organizations returning to post multiple opportunities with us
- Number of successful matches
- Number of satisfied Experteers as measured by our Exit Surveys
At the start of the assignment, in coordination with the supervisor, you will develop a work plan with clear deliverables. You'll receive feedback both during and after the project on things like communication, pro-activeness, accuratesse and customer feedback.
Your contact person for reporting and accountability will the CIO (Derk Norde), who’s based in Medellin. However you will be in frequent touch with other team members as well.
Additional Useful Skills
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
We provide (a stipend that covers) your accommodation in the city of Medellin for the duration of your fellowship
- How to scale a business through project-based lean Startup principles
- How Startup environment works in an international setting
- Learn about social entrepreneurship in emerging markets
- Work with a growing startup team of likeminded and highly motivated colleagues
- Work from a cool shared office space with other inspiring startups / global entrepreneurs