Video, Photo Editor/ Social Media Campaigner
This project was matched to another person! For similar projects, get introduced to this organization.
You must be able to speak English, Spanish.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 2 weeks to 4 weeks
Description and Impact
A Tourism operator and travel agency in Medellin would like to offer a Video, Photo Editor/ Social Media Campaigner to activate sustainable tourism & the campaign to manage Colombia’s critical river ecosystems.
Great for people with photography and videography skills! Interested but not the right length? Like this organization and have an idea how your skills can help? Message us at: email@example.com
· Edit and publish daily 30-second story-telling videos for social media outlets (Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook) based on existing footage about Expedition Colombia & “Samana Fest”, a multi-day conference about sustainable development of the Samana River featuring a rafting and kayaking trip to celebrate Antioquia ’s last pristine river.
· Edit and publish photographs and photo albums daily for clients to share on social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, etc.
· Edit, produce and publish one 5-minute story-based online videos to promote Colombian sustainable development of rivers based on existing footage (these will be pitched to Expedition Colombia industry contacts including Adventure Travel Trade Association network, ProColombia, kimkim, National Geographic Society, Redbull, Outside Magazine, Kayak Sessions Magazine, etc.)
· Edit, produce and publish three 1 minute story-based online videos to promote Colombian tourism based on existing footage (these will be pitched to Expedition Colombia industry contacts including Adventure Travel Trade Association network, ProColombia, kimkim, National Geographic Society, Redbull, Outside Magazine, Kayak Sessions Magazine, etc.)
· Edit, produce and publish graphic media design for a social media campaign surrounding Colombia’s national campaign to clean the River Magdalena & protect its tributaries (logo, facebook page, etc.)
· Participate in filming throughout critical watersheds, including the Samana River, with Expedition Colombia’s logistical support
Participant successfully completes the following projects in 3 months:
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
- Good For Groups
Accommodation allowance up to monthly 600.000 COP total or free lodging at family home (couples welcomed) & both options to be discussed.
- How to start a business in Colombia
- The tourism market in Colombia
- Sustainable development model of tourism
- Improve upon your Spanish skills by working in a professional environment with fluent Spanish speakers
- River-related conservation efforts in Colombia
- Conservation contacts within Medellin & Colombia
- Music, culture, top adventure destinations throughout Colombia, adventure travel network in Colombia
- participate for free on 1-day trip and 1 multi-day trip with Expedition Colombia (valued at approximately 900 USD)
- All food & lodging is included while on work-related expeditions.