Reforestation Program Coordinator
You must be able to speak Spanish, English.
Additionally, speaking Germanwould be helpful.
When Can You Start?
You can startas soon as possible and stay for 4 weeks to 6 weeks
Description and Impact
We are a grassroots educational and developmental platform that brings together students, professionals, and outdoor enthusiasts. Working together with the community, we strive to improve both the quality of life of local people and the overall health of the environment in the Mamoni River by developing and implementing responsible farming and conservation techniques.
We are looking for a passionate, goal-driven forester to launch our reforestation activities in the Mamoni river. The person will be in charge of collecting baseline information about the current state of the area to be restored, prepare a reforestation plan and guide a group of workers and volunteers to establish a 3.5 hectares native mixed-forest plantation.
This project is part of our goal of restoring 25 hectares of land formerly used for intensive cattle farming.
The project will have a total length of 1 month during the SUMMER of 2017.
What we look for in candidates:
- Self-driven, passionate and open minded
- A person with experience in the tropics
- Experience to manage small groups of people
- Interest in tropical restoration
- Experience in agroforestry is desired
- Fluent in Spanish is desired
- Knowledge of GIS, mapping and drone handling is a plus
- Ability to drive manual 4x4 vehicles
Great for people with agriculture and conservation skills! Interested but not the right length? Like this organization and have an idea how your skills can help? Message us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plan and execute a 3.5 hectares reforestation project
- Ability to organize and lead a team of workers and volunteers in the planting activities
- Develop a forestry inventory prior to the establishment
- Develop a plantation mapping
- Stay within budget
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
- Meal Stipend
Learn about Panamanian culture and traditions, agroforestry systems, tropical research.
Management and leadership skills
Food and Accommodation is provided during project time. No food, accommodation and transportation is provided outside the premises of the organization.
Exporter must organize his own travel, we will provide inland transportation.
Visit to local villages in Panama