Marketing & Fundraising to Support Access to Education for Children in Peru
< 10 hours a week
Consultant (Typically 1 - 12 weeks)
You must be able to speak English.
When Can You Start?
You can start ASAP
Description and Impact
Our organization is seeking help with an ambitious and innovative project that aims to promote Quality Education (SDG 4) in poor and isolated rural areas in Peru, through soccer (or Football, as it's known in South America). The project involves integrating the national passion for Football as an educational component to promote Quality Education, developing cognitive and non-cognitive skills, with the aim to support the children and to help them to become Socially Rounded Citizens.
The design of the project has been done with a multidisciplinary team and it is ready to be implemented, however, as all big projects, we require funding and we need a expert on marketing/fundraising and image to help us with:
- Adjusting the information in a friendly template that demonstrates the value of our work so we can share with potential investors and acquire funding
- Improving the way we communicate the project, so we can find partners such as Nike, Adidas, Puma and others that can support the project and can help us to promote it in other regions of the country (or the world).
- Designing an strategy on social media, marketing and image about the inclusion of this project to our organization.
Although Peru is largely considered of middle-class-- neither rich nor poor -- the country remains near the bottom in educational rankings. Isolated communities like the one I work in have a distinct disadvantage and the challenges persist in a lack of preparation to "catch up" to the modern world and its fast-moving economy with serious gaps in communication, infrastructure, and training, which can all be incorporated under a lack of education, which is sorely needed in order to through to improve their lives.
The impact of this project will be huge. And we expect, in few years, and after data of results are collected, to advocate for this project to have an impact on public policy or social programs that support education.
- A good presentation and right information about the project, which we can use to share the impact of our work with potential funders and investors
- The project is already supported by experts in sports and education but they don't have the abilities to execute a fundraising/marketing campaign. That being said, the results of this project can finally take us to the beginning of the implementation of the project.
- The results of this project will be in the area of education, one of the biggest challenges Peru has to deal with and that poor communities need to face.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is:
- Creative and committed to the cause.
- Passionate/interested in/Enthusiast in sports and in the power of sports to affect social change
- Is an expert in marketing and fundraising
- Have experience in Corporate Social Responsibility (Desirable)
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
- Good For Groups
- How different stakeholders can have a huge impact on improving lives of the people who need the most.
- How you can make a difference in the world without the need to go to the place or to study just social sciences
- The impact of sports can go beyond health and values. Sports have the possibility to unifies communities and also, when it is used with creativity can generate a big impact on the education of many children.
We have done research about the use of sports and specifically football and there are many cases of success, but this is the first model of a school based on football.
This is an online (remote) position.
If the candidates want to come to Peru, we can offer accommodation and support in organizing his/her trip.
This project accepts applications for virtual experteers.