Why is this program important and needed?
There is a notable increase in businesses looking to achieve sustainability, equity, and other social impact targets who face barriers along the ‘first mile’ and ‘last mile.’ Social enterprises have the innovative solutions to overcome these challenges, but often lack the ongoing education and support to build cross-sector partnerships after graduating from accelerator programs.
What is the ideal social enterprise profile?
This program is for social enterprises that meet the following criteria:
- Size & Employees: Has at least one employee beyond the founder(s). The average enterprise will be between 5 and 45 employees.
- Stage: Has a good, service, or product that is already being sold and generating revenues.
- Revenues: Most qualifying enterprises will be generating between $100,000 and $2.5 Million USD, but this will vary by country and geography.
- Legal Status: Legally exists for a pro-social and/or environmental impact (this can be nonprofit, for-profit with a social mission, hybrid, co-op, community-based group, or other)
- Mission Alignment: Measures and reports on pro-social and/or environmental impact to the public, board, and/or another 3rd party
- Program Fit: Has a team member – or multiple team members – responsible for growing revenues through partnerships.
What is the cost for social enterprises to participate?
Thanks to generous support from SAP, participation during COVID is free. Based on the social enterprise’s home-country and revenues, we are experimenting with asking that 3-10% of their next corporate partnership contract achieved through the program be reinvested back into S-GRID to help sponsor the participation of more social enterprises. More details and opt-in disclosures will occur during the application process.
I'm not a social enterprise but I want to support, how can I?
For a complete list of S-GRID FAQs, please visit our help center.