Waiver and Release of Liability
The MovingWorlds Hosting Release of Liability
- I am 18 years of age or older and I understand this is a legal document.
- I have read the MovingWorlds Experteering Ethics and Manifesto and will adhere to it. I will act with the utmost respect for the culture, organization, people, and community that I will be serving and not directly conduct services that I am not certified to participate in.
- I understand that the possession, use, sale, distribution or production of narcotics or other illegal drugs, or acting as an accessory, liaison or facilitator for any of the above, will not be tolerated while on an Experteering engagement. I understand it is my responsibility to know the local laws. I understand that it is my responsibility to report any violations of the policies set forth in this paragraph as well as to report any other actions that may be harmful to myself and/or my host. If any formal complaints of this nature are submitted against me while on engagement, I will be banned from MovingWorlds.
- I understand that I may be dismissed from my Experteering engagement and turned over to local law enforcement should I violate the local law of the host company, community or country. I also understand that there is zero tolerance for any violent behavior or possession of any weapon or any aggression or perceived aggression and that my engaging in any such actions can result in automatic and immediate dismissal from my Experteering engagement, and result in a ban from MovingWorlds.
- I understand there are risks involved with international travel and I understand the nature of the Experteering engagement on which I am to embark. MovingWorlds only acts as a third-party referral and does not verify the safety of the organization, country, or community. I am not required to participate in the Experteering engagement but I want to do so, despite the risks my participation entails.
I understand that participation in the Experteering engagement will take me away from home
for an extended period of time. I understand that I will be in unfamiliar surroundings and
that I will be exposed to risks to my person and possessions. I understand there are
hazards and risks inherent in travel and in Experteering, including but
not limited to: political, social, and economic conditions which are different than
in my home country and which can change in an unpredictable manner; differing standards
of design, safety, and maintenance of buildings, hygiene, sanitation, public spaces, and
transportation; varying quality of available medical treatment and differing health, safety,
legal, cultural, and religious beliefs and conditions; homesickness and loneliness;
kidnapping; violence and crime; civil unrest; all of which could cause serious personal
injury or loss of life to me and/or loss or damage to me or my property. I understand that
communication in different regional or international locations can be difficult and in the
event of an accident, rescue and medical treatment may not be available. I understand that
weather conditions may be extreme and can change rapidly and without warning, making travel
by any means hazardous. I acknowledge and accept that MovingWorlds is unable to predict whether
the foreign location used is safe for travel at a given time. I understand that human error;
failure to forecast or recognize a hazardous situation; negligence of other travelers or local
residents may result in personal injury, death, property damage or losses resulting therefrom.
Nonetheless, I freely and voluntarily accept and assume all risks for such personal injury, loss of life, or property loss or damage.
- To mitigate the risks associated with travel and immersion into another culture, I hereby agree that I will do my own research for every country and community that I am spending time in, as well as research the organization I will be supporting.
- I represent and warrant that I will ensure that I procure my own policy of comprehensive health and accident insurance providing coverage for injuries and illnesses I sustain or experience during travel outside the United States, and that this policy will be in force during the entire period of my travels and for the duration of my time on the Experteering engagement. I understand that my Experteering engagement may not have medical professionals available during transportation or anywhere in the foreign countries being visited and that MovingWorlds is not responsible for any medical expense I may incur while abroad. I also acknowledge that MovingWorlds does not carry accident, injury, evacuation, or health insurance for my benefit and also that there may be certain matters for which I could be held personally at fault, if the accompanying circumstances do not relate to, or arise from, my education, or if my activities do not meet what could be considered a reasonable standard for an individual in my position or otherwise. I agree to be accountable in all respects for my own actions and I will not hold MovingWorlds to be accountable for my actions. I acknowledge that I have been advised by MovingWorlds of the risks and dangers of my participating in international volunteering and of the need for me to act responsibly at all times.
- I understand the risks of disease in the regions in which I am traveling. I will visit a doctor and will receive / take appropriate vaccinations and anti-malarial medicine to minimize my chances of infection. I absolve MovingWorlds and my hosting enterprise from any responsibility or liability for any illness I incur during the Experteer engagement or while traveling to or from it. I am physically fit and no medical professional has advised me not to participate. I do not have any health-related reasons or problems precluding my participation. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during my time volunteering or while traveling to or from it.
- I violate any of the aforementioned policies or procedures, the hosting organizations, at its sole discretion, may require me to return immediately to my home country. In such event, no refund will be made and I will bear any costs associated with the decision to require me to leave. In its sole discretion and for any reason, MovingWorlds and/or the hosting organization may cancel the Experteering engagement at any time and may at any time require all participants return to the United States. In such event, no refund will be made and I will bear my share of any costs associated with the decision to cancel the volunteering trip and return home. I hereby warrant and represent that I have reviewed the below policy and submit to same.
- In consideration for my being able to participate on the MovingWorlds platform and on any Experteering engagement, I hereby take action for myself, my family my estate, my executors, and my heirs, as follows:
- I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE MovingWorlds and any related or affiliated companies, partners, or organizations, as well as its respective officers, employees, agents, representatives, and volunteers (individually and in their official capacities) from any and all claims, judgments, and liability for any injury, including but not limited to personal injury and death, or damage to property, including but not limited to total loss, arising out of or in any manner related to my participation in and travel to and from the Experteering engagement. I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless MovingWorlds and any related or affiliated companies or organizations, as well as its respective officers, employees, agents, representatives, and volunteers (individually and in their official capacities) from any and all liability, losses, damages, judgments, or expenses, including attorneys’ fees, that they may incur or sustain in connection with my participation in and travel to and from the Experteering engagement. I understand that this statement covers any and all claims, including but not limited to, negligence and failure to supervise, against any of those mentioned above. I also understand that this statement binds me, my family, estate, and/or heirs.
- I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE MovingWorlds and any related or affiliated companies, partners, or organizations, as well as their respective officers, employees, agents, representatives, and volunteers (individually and in their official capacities) from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of my participation, whether caused by negligence or otherwise. I acknowledge that MovingWorlds and its officers, employees, agents, and volunteers (individually and in their official capacities) are not responsible for the errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific activity on their behalf. I agree, promise, and covenant not to sue, or assert any claim against MovingWorlds for any reason whatsoever arising from or in any way connected with my participation volunteering or from any claim brought against me by other participants or third parties.
- Refund Policy: I understand that I can request a refund if I do not find a suitable organization for a match. I understand that all expenses connected with an Experteering engagement are my own responsibility.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between us and supersedes all prior proposals, discussions, and agreements, whether oral or written between us on any matter regarding MovingWorlds or the Experteering engagement.
- This Agreement is to be construed under the laws of the State of Washington, USA. If any portion of it is held to be invalid, the remainder shall remain in full force and effect. I have read this statement in its entirety and I understand its terms and agree to be legally bound by it.
- Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration in Seattle, Washington, administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules and Mediation Procedures.
- This Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
- I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
- In entering into this Agreement, I am not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by MovingWorlds with respect to the safety or value of international volunteering. I understand that I have the right to seek legal advice before executing this Release.