How we work
MovingWorlds is a social enterprise that helps get expertise to the parts of the world that need it most, while connecting those that give to transformational life experiences. For every dollar we generate, we unleash fifteen times that amount for social impact around the world. Our program fees support a self-sustaining operating model that covers the high costs of operating a technology platform, staffing a global matching team, hosting an online community, investing in ongoing research and educational content, as well as a scholarship program.
From the moment you are accepted into our Experteer or Experteer PLUS program, you’ll have access to our project matching & planning platform, community features, learning guides, online workshops, and a cross-cultural assessment. Our aim is to start delivering value as soon as you become a member.
While we will do everything that we can to help you find an Experteering project — and undergo personal growth in the process — we do understand that sometimes the plans of our users change, projects end up being cancelled for reasons beyond our control, and/or the quality of our service might not meet expectations.
If, nevertheless, you want to cancel your membership before it terminates 12 months from the point of purchase, we have a refund policy, that allows for different refund options depending on the circumstances and resources incurred.
To initiate a refund request, please complete our Refund Request Form, and someone from our Support Team will be in touch with you within the next 3 business days
Definitions of Terms
- Full refund: a 100% return of your entire program membership fee. The circumstances in which you are eligible for a full refund are explained above
- Partial refund: a partial return of your program membership fee. The circumstances in which you are eligible for a partial refund, and the percentage refunded, are explained above.
- Dormant membership: we will pause your membership for an open-ended period of time, until you decide to reactivate it. Note that with the Dormant option, you can still attend virtual workshops and contribute to the online community, however you will not be able to request matches on the platform until you reactivate your membership.
Refund Policy for Program Membership Fee
1. Change of Plans or Circumstances
If you purchase membership, and then later decide to not go experteering because of changes to personal, professional, family, and/or other individual circumstances, you may request and be eligible for either of the following options:
- Dormant Membership - You may request a Dormant membership anytime within 6 months of the point of purchase. If more than 6 months have passed since your purchase date, we will discuss options with you on a case-by-case basis.
A Partial Refund - The partial refund amounts will be given based on the amount of time that has passed since the point of purchase, outlined by the following:
- from 0-30 days: 90% of your payment will be refunded;
- from 1 month - 2 months: 75% of your payment will be refunded;
- from 2 months - 4 months: 50% of your membership will be refunded;
- over 4 months: No refund possible, but you can request to become “dormant”.
2. Unable to find a satisfactory Match
If you have put forth a good-faith effort in finding a project and are unable to find a match, you may request and be eligible for either of the following options anytime within 6 months of the point of purchase:
Dormant Membership - You may request a Dormant membership anytime within 6 months of the point of purchase. If more than 6 months have passed since your purchase date, we will discuss options with you on a case-by-case basis.
A 50 % Partial Refund. A good-faith effort is defined as:
- You have completed your MovingWorlds profile, meaning that at least 90% of your profile fields are completed, including the attachment of a Resume and/or LinkedIn profile by the time you started your search;
- You have consistently provided a timely response (within 5 days) to the majority of communications with MovingWorlds team members related to matchmaking;
- You have not declined more than 5 proposed projects that fit into the parameters of your Experteering profile, meaning that the projects satisfied at least 3 of the following 5 criteria, as you stated them in your profile:
-cause(s) of interest
-availability and duration preferences
If you haven’t been able to find a satisfactory match and want to request a refund for this reason after 6 months into your MovingWorlds membership, your request and the possible refund amount will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, up to a maximum 50% of your program fee.
3. Inadequate service:
If you purchase membership but feel that MovingWorlds has provided you with inadequate service, you may request and be eligible for either of the following options:
A 50% Partial Refund when you derived no value from either our trainings or our community, because any of the following reasons:
1.You have actively engaged in the community and received no responses;
2.You have attended a MovingWorlds workshop or training and are dissatisfied with the quality. NOTE: We will ask you substantiate this claim with a written explanation in the Refund Request Form, to enable our team to continuously develop and improve our programming.
A Full Refund when you neither derived any value from our trainings or community (as defined under section 3.1), nor have you been able to find a satisfactory match (as defined under section 2.2)
4. Other reasons not listed above
If you would like to request a refund for any reason not captured by the circumstances above, your request will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, where MovingWorlds will determine what type of refund, if any, applies.
Refund Policy for the MovingWorlds Institute
Due to the high up-front costs in the MovingWorlds Institute related to hosting, coaching, assessments, and preparation, no refunds are possible for this program.
Requesting Your Refund
To initiate a refund request, please complete our Refund Request Form, and someone from our Support Team will be in touch with you within the next 3 business days. When a refund is granted, the refund will be processed within 7 business days to the same account from which the original payment was made.
For refund requests that are not clearly defined above, MovingWorlds reserves the right to make the sole and final determination whether any refunds, either Dormant, Partial, or Full are issued.
In all cases, a member of the MovingWorlds Matching Team will be assigned to handle your refund request and will further explore and explain these options with you if the need occurs.