MovingWorlds partners with people, social impact organizations, and corporations to help them scale their impact.
MovingWorlds is an award-winning social enterprise that was recently recognized as one of the ‘Top 100 Companies to Work For’ by Escape the City. Based in Seattle, we are best known for our Global Experteering platform, our MovingWorlds Institute Leadership Development Program, and building and managing corporate social impact programs for companies like Microsoft (i.e. MySkills4Afrika).
We're looking for an unpaid intern, 24-40 hours per week, to support our online marketing and social media efforts. You'll be successful in this role if you bring creativity and energy to our team, and help get more visitors to our website to expand our impact even further.
We're expecting a lot from this position, and promise to invest in you, too. You’ll work directly with our Content Marketing Manager, have access to our global network, and 1:1 time with our founder & CEO (a previous marketing professional). As part of your role, you’ll develop your own portfolio of work and we’ll give you your own profile on our website.
Work will include (but is not limited to, if you're hungry):
- Working with the CEO and Content Marketing Manager to develop our social media strategy and help manage our accounts
- Supporting our Content Marketing Manager to craft and publish content on our blog and in newsletters
- Conducting research and outreach to support our content marketing efforts
- Conducting research and outreach to support our PR efforts
- Conducting research and outreach to support our SEO efforts
- Conducting research and outreach to support our sales efforts with corporations
- Working with our Partnership & Sales Development team to source new opportunities
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who cares about social good, and who is available for a longer term (6 to 12 month) internship (but we are willing to consider 3 month applicants if it’s the right fit)
You're perfect if you:
- Care about the world and want to bring your whole self to work
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Have a knack for social media (mainly Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn)
- Are a fast learner
- Are curious
- Use data and analysis to create better ideas and plans
- Like researching things
- Are a good and creative problem solver
It's a bonus if you:
- Know basic video editing
- Have design skills and are familiar with Photoshop, Canva, and/or other design and photo editing software
While this internship is unpaid, we can offer these non-cash benefits:
- Gain hands-on experience in the social impact space, working for a pioneering social enterprise that was Washington’s first Social Purpose Corporation and continues to grow by >30% each year
- A small stipend to cover public transportation costs
- Access to a cool new office in downtown Seattle with great amenities (like a gym)
- Connect to the global MovingWorlds network that will help you grow your own career
- We'll treat you to the occasional MovingWorlds team lunch, wine-down, and/or happy hour
- Career coaching and resume help for whatever you do next (we train this in our Institute, and we'll train you, too!)