By accepting an introduciton request on MovingWorlds, you, and your organization, agree to the following conditions
This Agreement is made upon the day of an Organization's registration on www.MovingWorlds.org by and between MovingWorlds SPC, a Washington social purpose corporation (hereinafter "MovingWorlds"), and your organization (hereinafter "Participating Organization"). That the mentioned parties do hereby agree to the following terms and representation:
I. WHEREAS MovingWorlds is a third-party volunteer referral organization which identifies international volunteer opportunities for individual professional volunteers (hereinafter "Experteers") at non-profit organizations, social enterprises, and/or other NGOs.
II. WHEREAS Participating Organization is such a non-profit organization, social enterprise or NGO as described above, and seeks to engage Experteers to participate in its programs.
III. THEREFORE, for the mutual benefit of both MovingWorlds and Participating Organization, the Parties agree to following terms, conditions and representations.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I. Term: This Agreement shall commence on the date of a Participating Organization's registration on www.MovingWorlds.org and shall continue indefinitely until either party decided to terminate the Agreement, as described below.
III. Representations: For and in consideration for the ability to post volunteer opportunities on MovingWorlds' website and benefit from Experteer's participation, Participating Organization agrees and represents the following:
A. In posting opportunities on MovingWorlds' Website, Participating Organization hereby agrees and represents that:
It is a legal and organized entity in good-standing, duly incorporated under the laws of the country in which it operates;
- Its primary mission is charitable in nature, and Participating Organization exists to contribute a positive social and/or environmental function.
- Any and all information provided to MovingWorlds and Experteer about Participating Organization is true and accurate.
- It will share any and all information (both positive and negative) about its organization, its country and city of operation, the communities it works in, and any other details that the Experteer may need or request in order to make an informed decision about supporting Participating Organization's cause.
B. By agreeing to receive donated expertise and hosting an Experteer, Participating Organization hereby agrees and represents that:
- It has done its due diligence in verifying that Experteer and Experteer's qualifications are real;
- It has verified that Experteer possesses the work experience, training and/or skills necessary to help Participating Organization's operations and/or programs;
- The work that Experteer is being asked to do directly supports Participating Organization's cause and/or social mission;
- MovingWorlds does not warrant nor is responsible for the quality of Experteer's work, and does not guarantee that Experteer actually possesses his or her stated qualifications and/or skills;
- It will provide Experteer with a safe place to work and live for the duration of the engagement;
- It will provide Experteer with any and all information necessary for Experteer to have a safe experience for the duration of the engagement;
- It will not, under any circumstance, involve the Experteer in any type of illegal activity;
- It will do everything in its power to be courteous, hospitable, accommodating and respectful to Experteer during the term of engagement.
IV. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT SHALL MOVINGWORLDS AND/OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, INDEMNIFICATION OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE EXPERTEER, OUR WEBSITE, OR SERVICES PROVIDED; EVEN IF MOVINGWORLDS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE EXTENT THAT IN A PARTICULAR CIRCUMSTANCE ANY LIMITATION ON DAMAGES OR LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN IS PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THEN, INSTEAD OF THE PROVISIONS HEREOF IN SUCH PARTICULAR CIRCUMSTANCE, MOVINGWORLDS SHALL BE ENTITLED TO THE MAXIMUM LIMITATIONS ON DAMAGES AND LIABILITY AVAILABLE AT LAW OR IN EQUITY BY SUCH APPLICABLE LAW IN SUCH PARTICULAR CIRCUMSTANCE.
V. Indemnifications: Participating Organization hereby agrees and represents that it will release, hold harmless and indemnify MovingWorlds against any and all claims, demands, suits, judgments, expenses, and costs of any and every kind including but not limited to personal injury or death of persons or loss of or damage to property, which arises in any manner out of Participating Organization's utilization of MovingWorlds' services and Website. Furthermore, Participating Organization hereby acknowledges and understands that Experteers are not agents, legal representatives or employees of MovingWorlds. Consequently, Participating Organization hereby agrees and represents that it will release, hold harmless and indemnify MovingWorlds against any and all claims, demand, suits, judgments, expenses, and costs of any and every kind, including but not limited to injury or death of persons or loss of or damage to property, which arises in any manner out of Experteer's actions or conduct.
VI. Confidentiality: Both MovingWorlds and Participating Organization acknowledge that during the term of this Agreement, they will have access to and become acquainted with various trade secrets, confidential business information, contact lists and other privileged information of each party. Both Parties hereby agree and represent that they will not disclose any of the aforesaid, directly or indirectly, or use any of them in any manner, either during the term of this Agreement or any time thereafter, except as required in the course of this Agreement.
VII. Modification or Amendment: No amendment, change or modification of this Agreement shall be valid unless in writing signed by the Parties hereto.
VIII. Unenforceability of Provisions: If any Provision of this Agreement, or any portion thereof, is held to be invalid and unenforceable, then the remainder of the Agreement shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect.
IX. Governing Law and Arbitration: This Agreement and all transactions contemplated hereby shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, U.S.A. Any dispute under this Agreement shall be resolved under the commercial arbitrations rules of the American Arbitration Association. In the event that arbitration or litigation results from or arises out of this Agreement of the performance thereof, the parties agree to reimburse the prevailing party's reasonable attorney's fees, court costs, and all other expenses, whether or not taxable by the court as costs, in addition to any other relief to which the prevailing party may be entitled.
Upon registration at https://movingworlds.org, the parties have duly executed this Agreement as the date set forth above.