Marketing Experteer for USA Expansion
You must be able to speak English.
Additionally, speaking Spanishwould be helpful.
When Can You Start?
You can start as soon as possible and stay for 4 weeks to 2¾ months
Description and Impact
We are a digitally native brand and social enterprise that works with hundreds of indigenous artisans, combining their traditional handcrafts with modern products and channels. Artisans involved with the brand are earning at least 300% more than before, and lifting themselves and their families out of the poverty line.
The brand is growing fast in Mexico, and plans to enter the USA market this year. The first step will be to launch the US online store in June 2018, and a Pop Up Store in Venice Beach (Abbot Kinney Blvd) a month after that. We are searching for an Experteer with a strong marketing background and knowledge of the California market to help us prepare the launch of the brand and maximize the chances of success.
- Having our US online store and operations fully functioning and ready to start receiving visitors by the end of May 2018 (using our Mexico website as a basis)
- Having our Pop Up Store in LA fully functioning and ready to start receiving visitors by the end of June 2018 (with the support of our design staff)
- Having a strong PR and Digital Marketing strategy to drive traffic to both the online and the physical storefronts
- Following-on with all the projects through the duration of the pilot
- Helping us sell at least $50K in the US between June and August, which would automatically trigger an investment round from top tier impact investors
We Provide These Local Benefits
- Learning Opportunity
- Good For Families
Our offices are at the heart of Roma Norte, the hippest neighborhood in Mexico City. We can provide a nice Airbnb room in the neighborhood (we will send various options for the Experteer to choose), within walking distance of the office.
-How a growing startup works
-How a social eneterprise works
-How developing economies move
-How the different teams in the apparel/retail/ecommerce industry work
-Trips with the team to the indigenous communities we are impacting (Eg. Naupan in the Northern Sierra of Puebla, or Tenango in the middle of the Hidalgo forest)
-A solid group of local friends to show you around Mexico City. Expect everything from Lucha Libre and Mexican restaurants to concerts and art exhibitions
-Access to the numerous entrepreneurship and social impact events
-A strong network in the country, ranging from investors and CEOs to artists and influencers
This project accepts applications for virtual experteers.