Social Impact Project for Marketing & Fundraising to Support Access to Education for Children in Peru
Project Description and Impact
Our organization is seeking help with an ambitious and innovative project that aims to promote Quality Education (SDG 4) in poor and isolated rural areas in Peru, through soccer (or Football, as it's known in South America). The project involves integrating the national passion for Football as an educational component to promote Quality Education, developing cognitive and non-cognitive skills, with the aim to support the children and to help them to become Socially Rounded Citizens.
The design of the project has been done with a multidisciplinary team and it is ready to be implemented, however, as all big projects, we require funding and we need a expert on marketing/fundraising and image to help us with:
- Adjusting the information in a friendly template that demonstrates the value of our work so we can share with potential investors and acquire funding
- Improving the way we communicate the project, so we can find partners such as Nike, Adidas, Puma and others that can support the project and can help us to promote it in other regions of the country (or the world).
- Designing an strategy on social media, marketing and image about the inclusion of this project to our organization.
Although Peru is largely considered of middle-class-- neither rich nor poor -- the country remains near the bottom in educational rankings. Isolated communities like the one I work in have a distinct disadvantage and the challenges persist in a lack of preparation to "catch up" to the modern world and its fast-moving economy with serious gaps in communication, infrastructure, and training, which can all be incorporated under a lack of education, which is sorely needed in order to through to improve their lives.
The impact of this project will be huge. And we expect, in few years, and after data of results are collected, to advocate for this project to have an impact on public policy or social programs that support education.
By participating in the MovingWorlds Institute, you will first learn social impact frameworks and human-centered design before putting your existing skills and new knowledge to action.In addition, this organization will expose you to new things, like:
- How different stakeholders can have a huge impact on improving lives of the people who need the most.
- How you can make a difference in the world without the need to go to the place or to study just social sciences
- The impact of sports can go beyond health and values. Sports have the possibility to unifies communities and also, when it is used with creativity can generate a big impact on the education of many children.
We have done research about the use of sports and specifically football and there are many cases of success, but this is the first model of a school based on football.
This is an online (remote) position.
If the candidates want to come to Peru, we can offer accommodation and support in organizing his/her trip.
This project accepts virtual experteers.
About the Hosting Organization
Nexos Comunitarios is a Non-profit working on Civic & Social Organization, Education, Non-Profit, Philanthropy, Health / Wellness / Fitness, Sports.