Social Impact Project for Hardware-Software IoT Analyst in Tanzania
Project Description and Impact
Work with a pioneering social venture in Tanzania. For an experienced electronics professional or engineer, this is a great opportunity to learn about how the IoT is revolutionizing energy and finance in Tanzania.
You will be responsible for working with and training technical staff on a variety of mission critical areas; in the process you will see all aspects of our operations, technology and impact. Some of the areas you'll need to be proficient in to improve the capacity of our staff:
- Best practices for prototyping: from assembly, to programming and testing;
- How to evaluate product prototypes against specifications;
- Testing and quality control of solar, battery & communications hardware received from manufacturer;
- Product development guidance and support, including hardware programming, measurement & testing;
- Reviewing how we troubleshoot hardware failures, determining root cause and potential fixes;
- Standardization and automation of processes where viable.
Interested but not the right length of time for you? Like this organization and have an idea how your skills can help them in other ways? Message us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How mobile money is revolutionizing financial inclusion for rural, lower income residents.
How equipment integration with mobile networks and with mobile money providers works in practice.
How to apply human-centered design of agricultural and small-business products for rural clients.
Lunches are provided and the chef can cook extra to provide leftovers for dinner. Beyond that, you can cook or get food at a nearby eatery. We can accommodate vegetarians, too.
We can arrange a trip to the Serengeti, to island preserves on Lake Victoria, and to other areas of interest. We can also connect you with others in the community.
About the Hosting Organization
Simusolar is a For-profit working on Global Development.