Social Impact Project for Eradicating the unskilled educated with STEM Skill Development Partners
Project Description and Impact
Education in Ghana is producing Ghanaians who are interested in creativity, innovations, problem solving skills which has impact in community and yet have little or no hands-on skills. As a result of unavailable practical exposure to the application and integration of Science, Mathematics, Art, etc., in exploring, discovering, creating things from available resources which would facilitate creating solutions to problems.
Therefore, there are gaps in changing mind-set, training teachers and retraining the young population in developing sustainable creative problem-solving skills.
TBF Creativity Hub is thus activating great potentials through application of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM/STEM) in youngsters through practical hands-on programs for exploring, discovering, and developing foundations to support the development of sustainable and creative problem-solving skills among the young people for community impact.
Our CREATIVE STEAM program serves Kindergarten (KG) to Senior High School (SHS) by intensifying hands-on activities with the STEAM/STEM concepts. Our website: TBF Creativity Hub (thebeaconfamily.net) has more information. Before the Covid pandemic, we reached four (4) schools in less than a year in addition to the holiday programs. We need assistance in our effort in reaching more schools in Ghana.
TBF CREATIVE STEAM Goal:
· To help the young ones develop interest in STEAM/STEM Based activities,
· To develop the capacities of young persons by engaging in STEAM-Based activities for recreation and solutions for self, community and nation.
· To inspire the young to value opportunities and possibilities of STEAM-Based careers.
· To help young people develop necessary and transferable 21st Century skills of Communication, Collaboration, Critical Thinking and problem-solving skills.
By participating in the MovingWorlds Institute, you will first learn social impact frameworks and human-centered design before putting your existing skills and new knowledge to action.In addition, this organization will expose you to new things, like:
· Local technology/resource development from local resources, adapted technology, hands on experience with social enterprise in Ghana.
To be determined with the selected candidate
We provide variety of warm Ghanaian dishes while on duty
This project accepts virtual experteers.
About the Hosting Organization
The Beacon Family Hub (TBF) is a For-profit with social mission working on Education.